“Fantastic!”
Review of La Potiniere

La Potiniere
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Carnac
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bar brasserie ouvert de avril a fin octobre, 7/7 sans réservation cuisine maison, service continu juillet et aout
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I visited with my husband and young daughter whilst on holiday in Carnac and the restaurant is simply brilliant! The staff are so welcoming and really accommodating of our little girl, and the food is fab! There is a good variety, from traditional French dishes to pizza and a kids menu. There is also a three course set menu for €26 per person which we enjoyed on our second visit - the foie gras starter and lamb shank main were amazing, as was my husband’s smoked fish starter and duck main. Excellent desserts too. The food is expertly cooked and the service nice and efficient, and the wine is good too! We’ve visited a couple of times now and will definitely return when we next visit Carnac Plage.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here twice with my family and had two great meals. Friendly staff and very accommodating.
Highly recommended

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

Took the family here for an early evening meal last week, really friendly welcome, classy and comfortable décor and seating. Service was relaxed but timely and staff spoke very good English (they were also very helpful with our French). Pizzas are really good, thin and crispy base with good amounts of toppings and they are a BIG! I had the seafood tagliatelle which was excellent. Pricing is good and great value for money.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Large corner site with c. half tables on pavement under (pull-out) awnings. Not bookable. We were offered an inside table from where we were able to watch a very slick operation. Good value, and OK, limited choice menu. Will review separately (if allowed?!) a 2nd visit with family.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

I have never met a proprietor as rude as this owner and the restaurant hostess. In bringing to the attention of the hostess that the sirloin steak was tough we were greeted with contempt and rudeness. When I disagreed with her opinion and insisted it was not right the owner jumped in feet first and said not to be rude to his wife and then proceeded to start shouting at me and pointing his finger. I walked out having paid for what we ate.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.