“Very good value”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went two times toTy Gwelig and the Moules Frites were probably the best ones I had during my stay in France. The second evening I went for a menu and whilst this was reasonably OK, I was not too thrilled about the taste of the dishes. Not bad, but definitely nothing outstanding. The welcome and the service was extremely friendly and if you look for an uncomplicated dinner at comparably low prices, I can defintely recommend this place. Especially if you want to have Moules Frites!

1  Thank StefanGroeger

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We wanted to try some real gallettes so went to Ty Gwelig and we were not disappointed. I did over order but the galette with cheese was delicious as was the mushroom, ham and cheese galette. The great thing about these galettes is that they are all gluten free, which was an essential as one of our party has a gluten allergy and they did sweet galettes for her as she could not have the crepes. The highlight though was the local dessert Farz Forn. We shared one the first time we went but the second time my daughter insisted on her own. The caramel sauce is to die for and I recommend it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Good prices, very friendly service and great food.

2  Thank kyiv123
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Crazy decor but you can eat here very well and the bill will not give you indigestion.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Can't agree more with past comments....Good service....Good price....and good food.

2  Thank Kenny M
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Ty Gwelig is a nice, small restaurant in the centre of Carnac. The atmosphere is friendly, the waitstaff is very polite and amenable and the price is honest.

On the menu you'll find a medium selection of traditional food - meat, fish, crêpes, gallettes, etc. I especially advise the grilled salmon, which was very tasty and fresh. But, really, I'd recommend you the whole menu - I loved the coffee and the draught beer, too.

Hence, if you are in Carnac, go to Ty Gwelig, you won't regret it. It was the best meal I had in France in YEARS.