“Very Correct”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brest
Boulogne-Billancourt, France
“Very Correct”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel located in Brest Center (in fact there is no downtown in Brest lol ;-) )

The weekend special rates are very avantagious and good (99.-€/2 persons brekfast included)

Before in Brest the hotel offer was very poor but now with Oceania resorts it is at the scale.

The hotel accomodation is clean and at the standard level for a country-side 4 stars hotel.

A place to choose for Brest

Welldone

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Spent two days in this hotel. Excellent hotel and friendly staff. Breakfast is generous and delicious. It's well situated in the center of Brest. A nice bar infront. When you leave hotel take left twice and try the creperie ( amazing food). Internet was quite slow though. A bit more expensive than other hotels around. Perfect for couples and business trips

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

right in the town centre, a well sound proofed room, a really impressive walk-in shower. very helpful, friendly & polite staff, from reception right through to a free drink with the manager on a Thursday evening. i will definitely be going back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Monument, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My experience with France has always ended with me feeling like an idiot and eventually giving up with the few french words I know because I am always mocked and ridiculed for trying to be a polite tourist. Brest is no exception to this, however if you find yourself arriving in this badly hit WWII sea side village, Oceania is in a prime location and the staff is quite friendly. There is a restaurant and bar attached to the hotel, and many nice restaurants in the surrounding downtown area. Be aware that the French keep to a very specific eating schedule. Breakfast closes everywhere by 10 and lunch opens from 12-2. Dinner can not be found until 6:30 or 7, so pick out the grocery stores and 24-7 deli's quickly because you don't want to be caught out without food.

The wi-fi in the hotel worked well and the rooms were stylish and comfortable. There is a wonderful fitness center around the corner that you can use by showing the hotel key card too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dancinjess416
oceaniabrestcentre, Directeur général at Hotel Oceania Brest Centre, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Dancinjess
Thank you for your review, the team was most dispointed with the 3/5, we though we looked afer our american friend as best as we could, we have even done a special thanksgiving dinner from 11pm till 2am.
Benoit Houssais
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and was pleased with how centrally located to the restaurants and shopping it was. One thing to take note about Brest is most restaurants close between lunch and dinner... Starting back up around 7pm. The places will still be open but the kitchen doesn't fire up till these hours. There's plenty of options for shopping and it's quite near the castle and new bridge!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Travelled here for a conference meeting and stayed in the hotel as well. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and were given some recommendations to eat (more in this). My room wasn't quite ready as we arrived before 1500 so the staff set up my Wifi for the lobby. The staff was well versed in English so it made my stay very easy as well.
The room was very clean and inviting. The linens were crisp and white, and there were plenty of extras (pillows, robes, slippers, blankets) in the closets. Plenty of closet space as well. I didn't watch any television while here, but the TV was an adequate flatscreen. The bed was a non-typical European and more of a standard US model, which I appreciated since it was very comfortable. The pillows were overstuffed which for me is not good, but they were very comfortable. Of all the excellent qualities at this hotel, the pillows were the only item I would ask for a variety on (soft, medium, hard). Nice open area to sit and also a nice desk area for my studies while here. Great Wifi too!
The shower was spacious and had a nice folding door access. For those who may have difficulty raising your legs you may want to ask about a bath without such a high side, but it was fine for me. The bath compliments were very nice as well. I believe a loofah sponge, all the usual (shampoo, conditioner, lotion) plus body wash in the shower, and other items as well. Very well stocked. I set some aside in my bag, and the next day they were restocked. There was also a very nice touch with a towel warmer! I love a clean bath and this one was excellent!
The conference room was very nicely done, and we had excellent coffee break snacks and drinks! The staff came in regularly on our breaks to freshen up as well. Great meeting place overall, and we have added this one to our list of top spots to return to!
The hotel has a very nice arrangement with a local gym called Y where it was very easy to use. It was one block away, and I just told them I was from the hotel and showed my room key and viola! very nice size gym and had plenty of modern equipment for weight training, cross training, or just cardio.
the best part of this hotel though, despite all the very excellent things I've already described, was the staff! They were all VERY helpful in making recommendations. I would like to especially thank Hina (our favorite receptionist!) who made reservations and recommendations for us almost every night. Hina's knowledge and expertise was fantastic! EVERY recommendation she made turned out to be superb! See my other reviews, but we tried seafood, local Bretagne food, steakhouses, and just little shops. Hina also helped us with the post office and just pointing us in the right direction for site seeing. To Hina and all the staff at Oceania I say THANK YOU!
Overall if you haven't been to this part of the world, and are interested in some fine fresh cuisine and great hospitality, make sure you visit the Oceania!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Seahawksman
Torbay, Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at Hotel Oceania which we found to be very comfortable indeed. The position of the hotel is ideal and very handy for restaurants, shops, the tram etc. We found the staff to be very pleasant and friendly and only too pleased to help. The breakfast each morning was ideal and there was quite a variety of things to choose from. The bedroom was very nice, with a great en suite and a fab shower. We travelled to France by scooter and were fortunate enough to park this on the pavement opposite the hotel without any problem. We'd definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple