“Fantastic!”
Review of Le Ruffe

Le Ruffe
Ranked #12 of 349 Restaurants in Brest
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had been looking for a place to have dinner with a group of friends to celebrate my friend's last night of 'freedom' before her wedding. We wanted a place where we would be able to have a delicious meal and where there would be at least one member of staff who spoke English as unfortunately none of us can. The staff were really friendly, accommodating and helpful. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced (we had the set menu). I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling to Brest.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had lunch here...the service was probably the best I have had in many visits to France!! Completely attentive without being intrusive. The food was lovely...they substituted a Scallop /fish cassoulet dish for the main plat in the lunch of the day...it was very good.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's many years since I'd last visited, for my son's 18th in fact, and the tank full of lobsters from which you could choose your dish has sadly disappeared. o:{ Back then he of course chose the largest one!

However, the vibrant atmosphere was soon evident and by 12.30 all the tables were full - I was glad I emailed my booking days in advance!

All our dishes were lovely, oysters and scallops to start, with fish dishes to follow, + puds, and the service was par excellence, as was the champagne to start.

I'm glad to note this restaurant is as lively and welcoming as before, just disappointed there were no lobsters available.

However, glad to see it's still as popular as ever, so well done to Le Ruffe, et merci pour la nourriture delicieuse!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We were eating dinner late one night and our hotel (Oceania) made reservations for us in this rather small but cozy restaurant near the center of town. The staff was very accommodating and helped translate some items on the menu - that was largely seafood. They had no problem understanding our broken "French". The crab and shrimp my wife had was very good and very fresh. My fish fillet was also excellent and cooked just right.
Prices were reasonable. All in all it was a very good meal and I recommend it.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were lucky that on our only night in Brest the restaurant was holding a local food producers evening, and the menu was all local produce with the farmers, cheesemakers etc all present (along with French TV who were filming the evening)! We were welcomed by tehe Maitre d (who was from Barnsley!!) and started the evening with two different ciders, and amuse bouche of cheese and smoked salmon, and liver and sweetbread morsels. Then followed a four course banquet, with coffee and wine for €40 per person. Watch out for us on French TV as we were interviewed and asked our opinion on the meal!!