“Top meal”

Midland Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 185 Restaurants in Vichy
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very professional service ,a really great meal,good wine and a huge cheese board.An enjoyable meal with great ambiance.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed July 18, 2018

Escaping from the bustle of a welcoming drinks party, I sought refuge here with a friend. It was surprisingly difficult to get a table in spite of several being free; however, all went well and we were soon seated with glasses of the local aperitf that my companion managed to talk me into, but which to my surprise I rather liked.
[As a rule I prefer my bubbles unadulterated ...]

The Menu of the Day at 22:50 looked good value, and so it proved. Fish, meat, and sweet dessert dishes appeared in brisk, but not overerly hasty, order. All were correct and pleasant. Two Cognacs pleasantly finished the agreeable meal, which was very reasonably priced.

It was the quintessential French hotel dining experience and I regret not having been back for another meal later during the conference.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed April 17, 2018

Ate here twice - the more expensive menu is of the highest quality and from the food point of view is of Michelin star quality. There is nothing wrong with the service but there is not a waiter hovering over you to top up your wine.
The daily changing menu is excellent value for money

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2015

The chef Know his job, service doing Well also.
Clasical restaurant by bis atmosphère, lot off place between tables.
A gold menu Well équilibrate by the chef de cuisine.
Fish nicely cooked with fresh garnish.
Vine list , also Well done. Good restaurant. Price on the average for the qualité proposed. Thanks to the two owners.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My partner and I dined here last night. The French cuisine was superb, particularly for a hotel restaurant. One needn't be a guest, but they did require reservations. There is an a la carte menu, but there were also six separate prix fixe menus, including a vegetarian option. We each chose separate four-course meals. His braised rabbit was absolutely delicious. I had a perfectly cooked cod with a light, flavorful breading atop. There was, of course, a great variety of cheeses offered for the cheese course, and truthfully, we'd have been better off if only one of us had chosen the four-course meal because the cheese sliced for each of us was enough to be shared by two. Most importantly, the service here was excellent with a friendly, efficient staff. We were very pleased.

Date of visit: May 2014