“Solid choice in a great location in Vichy”

Arverna Citotel Vichy
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Vichy
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Something tells me there are other mom-and-pop hotels in Vichy that are just as good as this one -- a likely candidate is just across the street, in fact -- but this property has achieved that coveted critical mass of positive tripadvisor reviews so that people come because, well, people come. It's a good choice, especially from the standpoint of location, on a quiet street just off the main drag, an easy walk to Vichy's pleasant sights from its heyday as an upper crust spa resort. Rooms can be very small, even by French standards, but the bathroom is one the nicest modular installations I have seen anywhere, spotless, beautifully tiled, and very cleverly laid out. Beds are comfortable with high quality sheets. The welcome at the desk is indeed warm, with good advice about parking options and directions as needed. As usual in French hotels, the breakfast is totally not worth it, with cafes and croissants close by on the main street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chalouisduletz

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing location, lovely staff and the attention to detail was remarkable. I let my son crawl on the hotel floor it was so clean!!! The rooms were charming and recently updated. Would stay here again if in Vichy no question about it. My husband chose it because of the trip advisor reviews and they were right....

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Doctorheather
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hello again Folks,

Please find my review of the Hotel Arverna Citotel, Vichy. If you find the review of any help at all, please click the helpful green button at the end. THANKS!

We stayed at the hotel on Sunday 14th July, 2013.

We found the hotel with ease and was able to park directly outside on the street, free of charge, because it was a Sunday.

You could be excused for driving straight past this hotel, because the hotels appearance is not its strongest asset in my opinion, so I’m glad we read other TA reviews, prior to booking.

We were met by the Couple who run the hotel and they were very friendly and helpful indeed. Offering maps, informing of firework celebrations that evening and also a international horse show jumping competition down the road.

We left reception via a small lift and made our way to room 107 on the first floor. Once in the corridors, the hotel sparkled with new furnishings and carpet.

Our room was charged at 69.50 euros and was superb value for the money. It also had under gone recent refurbishment, although there were no tea / coffee making facilities and no safe that I recall. There was no bath, just a shower.

I have not made any comments on a/c, so I presume we had it and it was not an issue. We also enjoyed a lovely view of the rear courtyard, where guests could enjoy breakfast.

The hotel is in a leafy avenue, just off a main road where there are some bars and restaurants. The main town is a short walk away.

This is a little gem of a hotel and the couple who run / own the property, really made us feel welcome and we would both strongly recommend it.

Vichy itself:

It was our first visit here and we only stayed for an afternoon / night, so we do not pretend to be experts on it. We chose our stay here for geographical purposes, for our journey down to Spain. We was hoping that there would be more bars and restaurants to choose from and possibly more pedestrian areas.

The main hub of bars and restaurants were beside busy roads and junctions, which we thought a shame.

Horses for courses I suppose ?

Helpful associated reviews:

I have also reviewed Pizzeria Le Massilia, Vichy. If you benefit from either review, please give me some helpful votes. THANKS J

Gary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ruddstar
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Beautiful Vichy and nice spot for a hotel, near the center and pedestrian area with lovely cafes and brasseries. Lovely rooms and good wifi, nice hosts who speak good English. Free parking in nearby underground parking lot. Pretty quiet street.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We picked this hotel because of great reviews on Tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. It is a fine 4 star property in great location. Our room was large and modern a real gem probably worth more than we paid - but don't tell the owner.

On the subject of the owner and his wife, they couldn't be more friendly or helpful. Recommended great restaurants and route options.

This hotel may not be five star but I think most five star guests would not be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a pleasant hotel in a very quiet and street close to the centre of town. The bedroom was large and very clean. It had a huge bathroom. The beds were comfortable. The service was friendly and helpful service. The rates were very good. It is conveniently located near the railway station, without being too close.

The only negative I would have is the breakfast which was fair.

Hope you find this review good, if so click helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rory O
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Having negotiated the complex traffic systems in Vichy it was a relief to find this centrally located hotel with helpful owners. The room was a treat and the bathroom with large shower very nice indeed, all very well appointed. Why this hotel is only ** I cannot imagine. The secure parking is a bonus although it is some 200 metres from the hotel in part of a secure parking shared with others. No problem there though.

I was feeling a bit sceptical when I arrived but by the time I left in the morning I knew I could only say it was excellent, hence the top score. We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple