See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2017

My wife and I booked this hotel for a one night stopover in Vichy on the way home from a holiday in Provence. The hotel was conveniently located close to the main bridge into the town. The main shortcoming of our stay was the absence of convenient parking. Just as well I had done some homework on secure parking options because we could not locate any on-street spaces. We ended up using a car park several hundred metres away from the hotel. Service was courteous and the room quite large though not particularly exciting in terms of decor. Wifi worked fine. Lack of air conditioning detracted from our nights sleep though the bed was comfortable. We chose not to use the dining facilities but the restaurant was attractively decorated and the menus looked imaginative. Apart from the parking challenge I would be quite happy to use this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monique P, Propriétaire at Hotel les Nations, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2017

Dear customer thank you for taking the time to leave us a long comment. I am aware of the parking problem. We are in a very frequented area because the parking is free which is not the case in the city center of Vichy. Since this week, at our request, the city of Vichy has installed a stop-stop so that our customers can unload Their luggage. I think to create parking lots in the building annexing the hotel. I also plan to install the air conditioning. I hope to welcome you again on a future trip to France.
Best regards

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Stayed in the hotel recently for two nights, extremely friendly staff , beautiful rooms, historical building, modern conformable rooms (entire Vichy is like that - historical) so thanks to this hotel you feel part of it. Great location, everything can be reached by foot. Nice tasty good selection breakfast, great staff. Really enjoyed stay here. Vichy is a bit quiet plus it was raining but it was still worth it, visited near by spa, shopping street, restaurants, bars . For spa I would recommend the Celestian spa hotel during week as the Thermes des domes is a bit let down (for price you pay).
Overall as of hotel I recommend very much, worth it!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monique P, Propriétaire at Hotel les Nations, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you for your warm comments. The hotel restaurant LES NATIONS is one of the last hotels of the Napoleon III era and we are delighted that you are sensitive to the charm of our establishment. We hope to receive you soon
Welcome

Reviewed April 19, 2017

The Les Nations hotel is located in the center of town and just moments from the park, river etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfortable, clean and many have a little balcony to watch the world go by.
There is a lot of competition in Vichy for hotels, if you are in town for a few days on either business of pleasure you won't be disappointed if you stay in the Les Nations.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Monique P, Propriétaire at Hotel les Nations, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Dear Sir

We are proud you've chosen l'hôtel Les Nations in Vichy .My team and myself thank you a lot for this choice and your kind comment.
We hope to see you again
Best regards

Reviewed October 19, 2016

I liked the food, breakfast and the staff in the restaurant. Comfortable room with balcony and nice view over a park. Good parking opportunity just in front of the hotel, for free! Quiet area and good looking buildings. Spa and nice parks nearby. Very easy to get around by foot or car.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Inter-Hotel
1  Thank J1502OGthomasb
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Booked for one night based on reviews and was very disappointed.Firstly the 'lovely square' is rammed with cars so there is no secure parking and finding anywhere near the hotel is nearly impossible.I spent 45 minutes driving round and round.
The rooms are cheaply furnished and tired, and our's had old damp towels from the previous occupants in the bathroom when we arrived. On a hot night the room had no air con, we had a junior suite but this was a joke,apart from the tiny balcony. The room and bed/pillows felt faintly grubby and some creature was taking lumps out of my wife all night. The 'free wi fi' was hopeless, you had to stand by the lift to get any sort of signal, nothing in our room!
Settled for the the 'Express breakfast' served in the lobby, the croissants were stale the coffee was awful, most items had already run out by 9.30 and the service was spasmodic and minimalist. to add insult to injury my wife left there with a neat line of flea bites on her leg. Clearly to judge from the business it was doing, there is a particular type of 'older' mostly French tourists for whom this style of hotel is acceptable. However I would politely suggest that if you have a taste for something a little less shabby and a little more chic, then pause to admire the exterior and it's central location but find somewhere else to sleep!

Room tip: Don't stay here!
Date of stay: September 2016