“Excellent 3star hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
brussels, belgium
“Excellent 3star hotel”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very good location, with everything within easy walking distance... Helpful, kind, knowledgeable front desk. and polite and friendly personnel throughout.
I ended up staying 6 in stead of the 3 nights I had originally booked because I fell in love with the possibilities of endless walks in the area.
Room was large; excellent bed. Wifi worked without interuption. Breakfast is french, no cooked food, but there is a juice extractor with oranges for fresh juice.
I would definately recommend this hotel, as well as Le Puy as a holiday destination !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
geneve
Reviewed April 4, 2013

located in the city core center but price went up since last year due French crisis? front desk are very helpful ,parking not available for tall SUV. Well located for city explorer. Several restaurant nearby and price wise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We arrived at the hotel, without great expectations(the plan was just to stay over night on our way to St.tropez). First of all the hotel is very modern, clean, the room was spacious. Secondly Le-Puy-en-Velay is a very beautiful old town, great to be discovered by foot, (location of this hotel is great) but most importantly the girl at the reception was so helpful, that at the end of our talk we knew where we were going for all places to visit for sight seeing, for dinner and shopping. We wouldn't have done as much without her advise (We regreted not to ask her name to mention it on Tripadvisor, saying this all staff of the hotel was very good to us).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Natallia1808
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was my first stay in Le Puy-en-Velay, so I have no local comparisons. I do have extensive European references that allow me to say the room is above average and the location is very good for touring Le Puy-en-Velay by foot.

Unfortunately, I arrived by car and the parking facility here is not at all convenient to the hotel. It costs 6.50 euro per night and has no lift despite being two floors below ground. So I would advise travelers to unload the luggage from the street in front of the hotel before going to the parking garage. A tip they did not offer at the front desk.

I also had significant issu with the free intranet that was there but the signal was so weak that I had to long on every two minutes. I thought this was do to my second floor room but at departure I found the lobby connection to be equally poor.

Lastly, they technically have a breakfast included in most room rates but it is not very impressive. Add this to the fact that the rooms have no coffee machines and perhaps you could do better elsewhere. Shame on me for not checking these items before I booked.

I did not see a lot of modern hotels in the center of town but I will likely try another on my next trip.

For the record, the front desk staff and breakfast staff where very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jackinbama
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Hotel is easy to find in this well-signposted city, and the cheerful facade helps. The cheeriness continued in Reception where I really did feel welcomed. My room was spacious and well appointed, and althought right above the outdoor restaurant, I can vouch for the claim of soundproofing. The use of bright colour is particularly good in the breakfast room, offset by the amazing trompe l'oeil carpet! Breakfast was well organised self-service, with a member of staff on hand to help. I didn't like the intrusion of the wall-mounted TV. The availability of the under-ground car park (6.50 Euro per day) was excellent especially as the code worked till midnight on departure day. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: The publicity states that he hotel is soundproofed and I certainly heard no external noise, even tho...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Elinor S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel seems to have the right idea. No frills but comfortable and colourful room and a very friendly greeting at the front desk

Rather than provide every room with anything the guests might need, it seems most things are available on request from reception.

Good location and a decent (continental) breakfast included in the price.

Enjoyed our stay. Friendliness goes a long way

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple