“Friendly service, very helpful staff, a pleasant stay”

Ibis Budget Le Puy-en-Velay
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Le Puy-en-Velay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Australia
“Friendly service, very helpful staff, a pleasant stay”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Staff were friendly and, most helpful when my travel companion became ill, assisted ith transport to nearby hospital. Staff phoned around for a doctor, went that extra mile to assist and seemed genuinely concerned about our welfare whilst we were there. Rooms were pleasant albeit small, hotel was in good location nearby train station and transport, closeby to city centre. I would highly recommend this hotel for the budget traveller. Le Puy is a charming destination to visit!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travela20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I decided to take my friends on a trip to Le Puy en Velay after living there for a year in 2006/2007. We chose this hotel because of its good price and proximity to the station, but we really regret our decision.

Upon our arrival, we were made to feel extremely uncomfortable by the receptionist and her friends who were laughing and smirking at us. The receptionist was rude and unfriendly.

The room itself was fine I suppose - fairly small and cramped but it seemed to be clean. The main problems came the next morning!

Our receipt informed us that we had until 12 to vacate the room, so when I got up to go to the market at about 9, my two friends (both girls) stayed in bed for a lie in. Upon my return, a male staff member approached me before I'd even entered the lobby, and told me quite rudely that we had to be out by 11. I questioned this, but went upstairs to tell my friends so they could get ready and packed. I was shocked to discover that the same man had barged (without knocking!) straight into their room at about 10am and started yelling at them in French, presumably telling them to leave. Still, we carried on washing and preparing to leave. When one of my friends was changing and half naked, and the other in the shower, the same guy barged straight into our room yet again, shouting at me. I speak French, so tried to reason with him, but he did not listen and jammed our door open with a doorstop. He claimed that he had more people needing our room (we're pretty sure that most of the other rooms were empty as we hadn't seen another soul since we arrived) so we needed to get out. I explained that the reciept said we didn't need to be out until 12, but said we would do our best to hurry. 5 minutes later he was back, this time giving us the excuse that we were the only people in the hotel so we had to leave! I was now rather angry and let him know this. He stormed off down the corridor, shouting loudly. Suddenly, he cut off the electricity to our room, leaving my friends with soaking wet hair in the cold January weather. We felt so intimitated as 3 twenty one year old girls, and were too scared to leave the room. We eventually plucked up the courage, and made our way down to reception hoping to see somebody we could make a complaint to. However, depsite making ourselves known, and knocking on the staff room door, nobody came to our assistance. The staff room light mysteriously turned off, and we thought this was quite suscpicious. We soon got fed up of waiting, and left the hotel to see if anyone was around outside. The door locked behind us so we couldn't get back in, and 3 figures came out of the staff room! They then continued to ignore our knocks.

I would not recommend anyone to stay here, especially not young women as we felt so vulnerable when faced with such aggressive behaviour!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — The aggressive, awful staff.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank jemie86