“Yet another overnight stop, and another good one too.”

Novotel Clermont Ferrand
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Clermont-Ferrand
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 16, 2012

En route to our holiday destination we always stay here for a night. It has always been a comfortable place to stay and we weren't disappointed this year. Arrived later than usual so no swim this time which we always enjoy. Dinner in the hotel restaurant after a drink in the very pleasant bar. Lovely staff in all areas of the hotel. Dinner has got better here each year and the choices and quality have improved. The restaurant is always very busy and the staff do a great job under pressure. Wine choice is good and our food was enjoyable. Never do breakfast as we would rather get some miles done fans stop for a take away coffee on the road.
Worth taking the Accor loyalty card if you use any of these hotels, as you can cash in the points for vouchers to use in part payment for your food or stay.
Bathroom had been updated this year and had a walk in shower which we much preferred. It's a great stop for us each year and we will continue to use this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank destinyschild

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel is a typical Novotel in an Industrial area of Clermont Ferrand, it is modern inside, has a small pool and quite pleasant.

I managed to get a deal on a superior room for £55.00; bonus I hear you say. The room was really nice and new, it was a good size and we had more than enough room for the 3 of us. The room had an entertainment suite so you had the ability to watch films on the TV through a laptop providing you had the right cables. You could also charge your iPod and/or iPhone though this suite. The room also had a separate toilet and bathroom and a mini bar was included in the room (not in the price I hasten to add!!). On the whole the room was nice; I wouldn’t however pay the price at the hotel for this room which was about 200.00 Euros. Prep and do a bit of planning on the internet before your stay in order to get the best deal possible.

Now for the not so good points: As I have mentioned above I got a reasonable deal on the room for £55.00 and I wouldn't give anyone a hard time for taking that opportunity.
The food and drink bill came to over double the amount I paid for the room! Ahh, now you're looking at me as If I need to go and see the doctor for some food abstinence therapy; let me dissect my food and drink bill, £114.00 WHAAAAAAATT!! My heart sank and a hypothetical orange sumo guy ran out from nowhere with big floppy hands and "tangoed" me. I handed over my credit card to Bonnie and Clyde err um errr, I mean the receptionist and walked away like a told off school boy.
So for £114.00 or US $178.00 or Aus $170.00 or 139.00 Euros we had breakfast, a two course dinner for 2, a child who only had only one course and water. We had some drinks and when I say drinks, I mean a large beer, 2 glasses of wine, an orangina and a pot of tea (not all at the same time). So make your own mind up if you think it is value for money. Another option is; you might want to get in the car and go to a restaurant close by.

The only other niggle and I am being petty here, but money is money. We arrived at 1520hrs and still had to wait for our room to be made up; not happy after an 8 hour drive. So if you paid 200 Euros the room at the hotel asking price then 139 Euros for food you might be a bit miffed at being keep waiting for your room. They would have no problem at turfing you out if you overstayed the checkout time. Last one: Paper cups in a superior room for tea and coffee, cheap skates.

In Summary: So I’ve had my whinge and I understand sometimes things just don’t go to plan; that’s life as they say, and once you find one thing to pick them up for then it’s “good night Vienna”. The hotel wrote me an email apologising for the lateness of the room check in and offered an upgrade on our next visit which was good damage control. Would I stay again? Yes it is a nice hotel, the staff are friendly and the room was really nice. Just be aware of the hefty price tag attached to the food and drink, get in the car and go somewhere that you will get better food at a much cheaper price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank daztheworldtraveller
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Traveling from Genève, Switzerland to Bordeaux this is an ideal halfway stop.
The service is professional and friendly. I appreciated being served in English.
They have a limited menu but the quality of the food is excellent!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked the Novotel in CF as we always have a positive experience at Novotel. I wasn't happy about having to pay the full price (despite getting offer mails daily from Accor) but booked as I wanted to secure a room. Finally, 2 weeks later, a good offer came along for the hotel so I cancelled my original booking and booked again for a much better price.
We arrived late (about 10pm) and after a very speedy check-in got to our room, which was one of the 'new style' rooms (nice chic decor, no bath but fab rain shower). They had already prepared the beds for our 2 children and left out extra towels for them, excellent!

The 4 of us slept well and left the following morning after a good breakfast and a painless check-out.We were back on the motorway in minutes.
Well done Novotel.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very good Hotel, Friendly Staff, Plenty of Parking, Clean Pool.Highly recommended. Sign posting could be more noticable with bigger signs but overall a great hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here last year overnight on our way to South West France via the A75. The hotel is extremely close to the motorway but remains surprisingly quiet.This time we got a great deal including breakfast on a superior room, very comfortable bed , superb shower. we had arrived late and didn't fancy driving into the centre of CL ( a very boring town in our opinion), so we opted for room service, very fast delivery of good meal very well presented. The buffet breakfast could not really be faulted and all the staff were polite and attentive. No prizes for character but an efficient pleasant hotel for that overnight stop.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple