“Artificial, fancy place - very bad Italian food”
Review of Caffe Mazzo

Caffe Mazzo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2017

As an Italo-French I can say the dishes they served me in Caffe Mazzo has nothing to do with Italy. Moreover the prices are way too high, in relation to this kind of food.
The only reason to go there is to be forced to stop in the area, like a car breakdown or something.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I chose this restaurant because of the reviews on TripAdvisor. However, we had an absolutely horrible experience. We arrived and were seated and ordered promptly. He ordered tartar with potatoes and I ordered a Salade Niçoise. (Please note he is French and all of our conversations with the staff were in French) On the menu it boasted the freshness of the vegetables etc. So I was looking forward to it. My salad arrived looking like someone had merely dumped lettuce and canned green beans on a plate haphazardly.

Anyone who is familiar with a Salade Niçoise knows of it's relative simplicity. My salad was supposed to come with tuna, anchovies, tomato etc - however it came with none of these. My boyfriend also didn't get any potatoes with his meal. After digging in the lettuce (assuming that the other ingredients were buried) I asked the waitress if I could see the menu because I knew it was missing ingredients. She said she'd look and came back saying it was the recipe.

The waitress then brought my boyfriend a salad and when he asked when the potatoes would be coming she merely replied they were out of potatoes. I then had to ask the hostess if I could at least have the tuna missing from my salad (because at this point it was a 16 Euro pile of lettuce). We overheard the waitress saying "How would I know it was wrong unless she (meaning myself) said it was." She got the tuna from the kitchen finally and served it badly cut on a side plate.

The lettuce was dressed in a very bitter dressing and overall completely inedible. I understand this restaurant seems to be known for its pasta dishes. However, If you cannot produce something as simple as a Salade Niçoise there is a problem and it should not be on the menu. Also, a customer should not have to tell the staff that half of the ingredients of a meal are missing. Overall, I do not recommend this restaurant as one can find much better food and service almost anywhere else.

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Been there for the second time in one year.

Staff is welcoming and the atmosphere is cool.

Had a 3 dishes menu for 21.50euros which is fair as quantity was just fine.

Will certainly come back next year as I am not from the region.

Cheers

Reviewed September 21, 2016

Great place with lovely decor & prompt service. Great wines, great food and a huge selection of dishes.

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

5 out of 5. Good service. Nice place. Plenty of parking. Price reasonable. Risotto and pizza...
Red Beer Gin & tonic. ..