“Underwhelming”

Le Clos Saint Front
Reserve with
Le Clos Saint Front is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 235 Restaurants in Perigueux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2018

This restaurant is highly rated, but not by me. Although it's in a beautiful courtyard settting, and the service is friendly, none of the dishes impressed me, especially for the prices they were charging. It kind of put me off trying other so-called fine dining restaurants in this town.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Scott197

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We have just eaten here and am writing the review while it is fresh.
Turned up without a reservation however that wasn’t a problem and we were accommodated straight away. We were greeted with friendly people and shown to our table in a beautiful walled courtyard / garden.
I had the foir Gras and my wife had a roulade of veal with salmon caviar. For main we had the lamb and black beef carved at the table.
They even went to the trouble of giving me a piece of the beef as I commented how good it looked and I like rare compared to my wife’s medium.
Desert was also stunning and was a speciality
Millefeuille.
They had an excellent wine list and the Gigondas was decanted in front of us.
The staff were helpful, friendly and very informative of our dinner.
In summary an excellent place to eat In Périgueux.
Would recommend the place total cost with wine, coffee and all in all six courses was 225 Euro including a very nice whiskey and as we are from Scotland went down well.
Thanks for a memorable evening and lucky to see the 1914 bottle of Cognac.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Russell P
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We have been here 2/3 times and never been disappointed. Eating in the courtyard in the Summer is just lovely. You are always well looked after. The staff are ver courteous and the food delicious.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank valmacdon
Reviewed June 26, 2018

We had lunch in the garden. We were guided thorugh the menu and the presentation and taste of the food was excellent.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for something special and imaginative then this is the place to go.... gorgeous food in a lovely setting (both inside and out) and super friendly hosts..

Date of visit: May 2018