“If you want to know how It turned my stomach, read on.”
Review of L'etna

L'etna
Ranked #227 of 326 Restaurants in Pau
Cuisines: French, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Menstrie, United Kingdom
“If you want to know how It turned my stomach, read on.”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

L’etna looks good from the outside. It is on a corner position on the road up to the Blvd de Pyrenees. The side street past the restaurant opens out into a small intimate square, populated with bars and restaurants. Walk past these and you are onto the street overlooking the moat of the château. It is all very picturesque.
The welcome in l’etna was warm and enthusiastic. It looks good. It is a pizza and pasta place but is wood and quality fittings. I ordered the vegetarian pizza. When it arrived it had three large slices of ham sticking out from it. I queried the vegetarian nature of this. They apologised and took it away. It arrived back a few minutes later. I thought it rather quick to produce a new pizza. My luck had just run out.
The pizza topping was well-done toasted mozzarella, except where three chunks of ham had been there was now soft, warm and hardly melted mozzarella. The pizza was disguised with the addition of six lukewarm black olives.
The idea of customer care in this restaurant is appalling. This was the cheapest, most tawdry trick I had seen in many years. It was absolutely disgusting behaviour. If this is what they do in front of your eyes, what the hell do they do behind the scenes? Hygiene in this restaurant, in my opinion, is absent. I would not let a dog eat here because of the ignorant and off-hand way I was treated.
On the other hand, you are perfectly free to choose this place if you wish.

2 Thank TheBodach