“An overnight stay of my mom.”
Review of Hotel Oxo

Hotel Oxo
Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Biarritz
Toulouse, France
“An overnight stay of my mom.”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I booked a room for my mom at this hotel (around the month of May 2010). It was a last minute booking and gladly that there was still a room available. The owner was kind enough to accept our reservation at 22h00!
First impression of the hotel as we entered is good. Clean, enough space to move around and the decoration will make you feel like home. The idea of not having an elevator when you have a room on the top floor did not disturb my mom that much as the man helped us bring her suitcase. The room, even if it was small, and has limited space to move around, it was clean and neat. Cosy, warm colors on the wall. The only negative part my mom did not like was that she told me that is was very cold at night as the heater did not work that well.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Expensive room bad breakfast nothing fresh.. I compared with a lovely night we spent in La Ferme de Biarritz which room plus breakfast plus service was all outstanding but a lot cheaper than Oxo.

• Stayed August 2011
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Breakfast was uninteresting.
The room was tiny and overlooked by a communal terrace.
The bed was too small and uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2011
Cairns
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed at this hotel in May with my brother on a trip around Europe and was very happy with my choice of hotel. Yes I suppose the room was a little small, but I was expecting this. The room was reasonably priced, modern and kept very clean. Being Australian we could only speak English and this was not a problem and we were made to feel very welcome. We didn't try the breakfast, but every morning I walked past it I regretted not including it as it smelt and looked really nice. Overall had a great time in Biarritz and this hotel was the perfect choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Based on the positive reviews, we booked for 3 nights whilst visiting the Basque country. I booked over the phone to confirm cot availability and they explained that only a superior room is large enough to accomodate one. So, we had no expectations regarding room size!
Positives - Great design, very welcoming and friendly staff. Good location, close enough to the centre (easy stroll) but reasonably quiet.
Negatives - Honestly, there were none from our perspective however, do check the room you are getting (they will be completely honest with you) because of the following:- the rooms are small, but typical for the type of hotel (I was surprised it was only a 2-star, felt like a 3-star in terms of quality, so the room size might explain it) Also, there is no lift, we were on the 3rd floor, but we were happy to walk off the ice-cream ;-)
Other tip, if coming by car, they have two parking spots at a reduced rate daily (EUR6) at the Mediatheque. Potentially worth trying to reserve them in advance (although the saving is only EUR4/day).
In summary, we felt we'd made a smart choice, it was an attractive, friendly and relaxing base to explore from and we'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Gourmet2gourmand
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Imagine a "supérieure" room with a small window looking a public terrace... Otherwise, room and location are all right

• Stayed July 2011
oxobiarritz, Propriétaire at Hotel Oxo, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Hello,
I regret that you have not informed us of your disappointment during your stay, we could change rooms and you give one you had with other clients. In fact this room is in high demand, precisely because it opens onto a terrace.
In addition, a window 35.4 inches x 47.3 inches does not seem a "small" window ".
Finally, you find our establishment too expensive, without specifying what you compare. I give you the facts: we are one of three cheapest hotels in Biarritz (you can check) ... obviously if you compare us to a hotel in a remote village in central France ...
Munich
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Located on the way into Biarritz Hotel Oxo proved to be a modern little design hotel. Nicely decorated and ideal for a short stay, the only thing missing was air-conditioning in our room but there was a large table-fan to make up for it. Also there's no lift so avoid bringing heavy suitcases.
Staff were very friendly and spoke very good English which saved me from my embarrassingly bad French skills. In my opinion it was very good value and recommended if you're passing through the area for a night or two.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
oxobiarritz, Propriétaire at Hotel Oxo, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel.

About the size of the rooms, the U.S. rules are not the same as French. Room sizes in France for a similar hotel class, is actually smaller than U.S. hotels.
The size of our rooms is significantly superior to French standards of a hotel 2 *.

Finally, we confirm that the size of our triple rooms are identical, their arrangement may be different, you have probably suggests that some are larger: it is not the case.

Bon voyage to France