“Tapas in a busy friendly restaurant”
Review of Puig & Daro

Puig & Daro
Ranked #19 of 380 Restaurants in Biarritz
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2018

Maybe we are not just tapas people - at least not for a full meal. We ordered a bottle of wine which was a mistake because then we had to stay there while we drank it. It would have been much better to have had a glass and a couple of tapas and then left to have a sit down dinner elsewhere. Seating was on high stools at small tables. You chose your tapas from a selection in a glass case, or from the menu.The food was good tho my duck hearts were a bit overcooked. Usual selection of good charcuterie. The marinated pork fillet was superb. We ordered too much food and felt stuffed. But that was our fault.

1  Thank DundrumLady

Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

We walked past this place by chance and recognized the name, so we sat outside to try some snacks to see whether or not it’s worth the high rating. It didn’t disappoint us at all. The dishes ordered were well prepared and delicious. It’s the place we recommended.

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I have been around in France and Spain very much and although this place gets good references, they were not very welcoming to us. There was a table free for four but the three of us were not allowed to sit there, although it wasn't reserved. We had to sit at the bar, without room for your legs and with shining hot lights in your face. After 10-15 minutes without any service or contact we decided to leave those grumpy people. The table for four was still empty. I dont care if you dont want me to be your guest, but next time, please tell me right away when i walk in! There are plenty of other very friendly restaurants in the nearby area which are well worth your money!

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

This is another ultra trendy (well it would like to think) tapas bar that seems to want to cater to younger couples or larger crowds. Despite a couple of tables being free, as a solo diner I was directed to a corner seat at the bar. When I asked if I could order some tapas which they have on open display in the window, I was told I need to go over and stand there and wait for a waiter to come and attend to me. When pointing out what I wanted, I was warned not to touch them with my finger - seriously, what was I taken for? Then when I re-ordered some wine, I had to catch the waiter's eye again before he remembered to bring it. Shame - the food was of good quality, they just need to brush up on how to deal with solo, older diners.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Puig & Daro is a really neat place to eat tapas and drink wine or beer. Excellent selection of tapas, hot or cold. We particularly enjoyed the ham and cheese croquettes and the chorizo with mushrooms, excellent bread helped to savor every last bit of the sauce with the chorizo dish. Excellent chocolate mousse in small portions to end a delicious meal. Friendly, helpful, and welcoming staff. Definitely worth a visit in Biarritz!