- Superb position of the hotel - unbeatable view over The Bay of Biscay.
- Immaculate service from front desk and concierge. Helpful and polite, the staff handled our enquiries (reserve tables in the restaurants, renting bikes, booking train tickets, etc) with much commitment.
- The hotel is very well maintained on a daily basis, but might benefit from a refurbishment, especially bathroom needs renovation. It's nice to have a generous selection of Hermes shower and perfume products, but a proper hairdryer (instead of the provided cheap plastic one attached to the wall) and power shower/modern fittings would also be useful.
- The room we stayed in (on the second floor, overlooking the ocean) had very weak soundproofing: the sound of smashing doors and the guests next door watching TV was rather annoying if not unbearable.
- Staff in the beach bar, L'Hippocampe restaurant and at breakfast in La Rotonde doesn't seem to be friendly and enthusiastic to take orders. They performed well in showing the top of self-importance and producing an impression as if they're serving other very important guests.
- I wouldn't say, considering the price range, that the food quality in the restaurants, L'Hippocampe and La Rotonde, is superb. L'Hippocampe is more like a brasserie, or a beach cafe, though the menu and the price tag are exactly the same as in La Rotonde, where gentlemen are required to wear jackets and ladies accordingly have to follow the strict dress-code. I excepted much more from the dinner in La Rotonde: it seems you pay for the meals to enjoy a full range of silver next to your plate. The main dish I ordered was a total disaster: tiny overgrilled sole with three small steamed potatoes without herbs/lemon garnish for as much as €48.
If you want to experience the history with a lavish touch of elegance and royal allure, and feel like being apt to follow some formalities without caring much about the price, then the Hotel du Palais is worth staying in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel du Palais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Palais Hotel
- Du Palais Biarritz