“no frills and excellent food”
Review of Bistrot Biarrot - CLOSED

Bistrot Biarrot
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had dinner here by chance on our first evening in Biarritz, went in because it was practically full, and went back for our last dinner a week later. Both times we had excellent meals, beautifully cooked fish, good starters and tasty deserts. The bistro is fairly small, decor is simple and no frills, the service good and friendly and the food excellent and very reasonably priced. We highly recommend!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went here for lunch based on tripadvisor reviews. Took 2 kids (4 and 6) who were well catered for and not with just a standard nuggets and chips.
Recommend the set menu which changes each day as its great value and good food. Very relaxed atmosphere and fabulous lunchtime meal

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Chose this restaurant for our one night stay over in Biarritz, generally overall it was good.
I had the Hake Bake with salad and it was very good, my husband had the Beefsteak and that was average. The staff were friendly and attentive and the wine was good.
Generally Biarritz is expensive so this is reasonable and value for money compared to some other restaurants.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We checked out this restaurant based on other tripadvisor reviews. It was easy to find and looked like a decent local bistro with good options for its 24 euro menu. If you are looking for value for money, this is a good choice. Decent food, generous portions but nothing out of the ordinary.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I did not go here with high expectations like the previous reviewer. I would say that the vibe is not great, the decor is a bit cheap and a mish mash of decorations that were poorly put together. They need an interior designer!
Anyhoo the food. Entree was a prawn dish and it was fantastic. Would love to know what goes in to the sauce! Prawns were soft, shells were also soft.
Mains - I was happy with my calamari salad although I did not like the small pieces of cured meats. My friend had spare rib and it was beautiful once you cut all the fat off. Good to get a tub of condiment sachets too.
Decent prices too. My salad was € 14, spare rib was €16.
Staff - 2 men - were pleasant and polite.
I really liked this humble place!