We stayed here at the end of October for 3 nights and had a superior room with side-view of the ocean and I must say it was very nice indeed. The room was a good size and very tastefully decorated, and the bathroom was well-equipped with a great shower, although it's easy to flood the floor with the silly little shower screen they provide. We had tea and coffe facilities in the room, which is always welcome, but why do they give you paper cups? There are very few drinks that taste good in paper cups. Surely a couple of china mugs isn't beyond Accor. I loved the old-fashioned lift, and the reception area on each floor is beautifully decorated.
Didn't have breakfast in the hotel as we found an excellent cafe, literally 100 yards away, which did a petit-dejeuner for 6 euros, and was superb. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants within easy strolling distance and, surprisingly, an excellent American diner that does superb burgers and shakes. The barman in the hotel, on the day we arrived, was brilliant, and supplied us with fresh milk for the room; the longlife milk in those little cartons is horrid, and they never supply enough. However, after 2 days he was replaced by a very unfriendly lady who could do with some smiling lessons. Reception staff were excellent and answered any questions cheerfully.
The location is faultless. A very short stroll to the beach, which is as beaches should be, and where we watched some very fit youngsters surfing. It tired me out just watching them! There are some great walks in Biarritz, especially coastal, and a great aquarium. We absolutely loved the place and will definitely return. Also a real bonus was the weather; on the Wednesday it got to 19C, while at home it was about 10C. We travelled by train, Eurostar from the UK, and TGV from Paris, and it is a wonderfully relaxing way to travel. Thoroughly recommend first-class on the TGV (and Eurostar).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring completely renovated rooms, the hotel is located right in the centre of town and just 100m from the main beach of Biarritz. Mercure Biarritz Plaza Centre welcomes you in an art deco architecture unique to the hotel building and recognised by the French National Trust as exemplary of the seaside resort style of the 1930s. Family rooms also available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza Hotel Biarritz
- Accor Biarritz Centre Plaza
- Hotel Plaza