We spent 6 days with our friends from Barcelona traveling in the Basque country. Biarritz was our first stop. I had lived in France for two years but never made it to the southwest part of the country so Biarritz was always on my bucket list and I was not disappointed. It had the look and feel of a beautiful French seaside town that I had always imagined - just like a Joaquin Sarollo painting. This town is a surfers paradise. We must have seen hundreds of them as we strolled along the seawalls. Our hotel didn't have a parking lot so we were directed to a municipal lot in the casino which was diagonally across the street from our hotel. The people at check in were very helpful. The "attitude" that people often complain of regarding Parisians was non existent in Biarritz. The people couldn't have been nicer wherever we went. We had a corner room on the 5th floor with a view of the sea. However, the windows were rather small and narrow. And, given the size of the room and the positioning of the window, it's not like having a large window overlooking the sea. Nonetheless, it was a view. There's not much room to maneuver around the bed but after all, you're only there to sleep - not hang out in your room. The bathroom was fine and larger than you would expect based on the proportions of the room. The location of the hotel was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring completely renovated rooms, the hotel is located right in the centre of town and just 100m from the main beach of Biarritz. Mercure Biarritz Plaza Centre welcomes you in an art deco architecture unique to the hotel building and recognised by the French National Trust as exemplary of the seaside resort style of the 1930s. Family rooms also available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Biarritz Centre Plaza Hotel Biarritz
- Accor Biarritz Centre Plaza
- Hotel Plaza