“Great Little Spot with Good Food at Reasonable Prices!”

Le Rendez-vous des Halles
Ranked #84 of 384 Restaurants in Biarritz
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 16, 2017

We'd just arrived to Biarritz at lunch time and every restaurant was busy. We stumbled into this place and they accomodated our party of 7-ended up having the entire back room to ourselves. Started out with some good wines and charcuterie platter-both excellent. We had pate, chicken caesar salad, hamburger, thai pasta dish and all very tasty. Price was good too-115 euros for party of 7. We'll gladly come back when in Biarritz again.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed December 28, 2014

With some restaurants closed for a seasonal break and others on weekly closing days , this was one of the few open near the market on a Wednesday. The food was acceptable but unremarkable and not especially good value compared to other places nearby. Service was cheerful but stretched with significant waits between courses. Might have been more enjoyable if less busy.

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank Phi01
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Biarritz is full of places where you can eat inside and outside.... all have stunning views and lovely food however Le Rendezvous is modern and has a different feel about it.My partner had really being looking after me and I wanted to treat him to something nice and hoped it would be.they do have a nice bar and outside area also they have what looked like a night time eating area too.we sat near the bar and place the order for food etc etc.We had burgers and sweet potato chips.It tuned up with a wow factor.Sure you say "a burger?" but it was not just the run of the mill lunch it was awesome they cooked it to our liking and boy did it deliver.We did not leave unhappy I left really happy that I'd spent good money on something my partner liked I was less worried about myself.We both enjoyed it and can see us going back even for drinks and a night time meal would be great!

Date of visit: September 2013
2  Thank Sydell F
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place saved us from starvation when we realized restaurants in France don't start serving dinner until 7:30pm (we had skipped lunch so we were very hungry). The bartender said the chef wasn't in yet, but that he could make us a cheese and meat plate with baguette and hot peppers on the side. It was delicious so we ordered another - and also enjoyed some good wine to go with it. This was a perfect little place we stumbled upon and the staff was very friendly and spoke fluent english. I would definitely come back if I happen to find myself in Biarritz again.

Date of visit: April 2013
2  Thank Pointgiven71
Reviewed February 15, 2013

There's something for everyone here, which is why the place seems always to attract a great crowd. Laurent and Stephanie are masters of their trade--the drinks are mixed to perfection, and everytime you walk into the place, no matter how crowded, they make you feel like their most esteemed customer. Two young people who deserve the success this place is having, and who give every sign of enjoying it along the way. Great wines and fine specialties from the Southwest. Ask Stephanie to make you a pina colada and you'll never want to leave Biarritz!

Date of visit: February 2013