“Best View in Bordeaux and Great food too!!!”
Review of L'Estacade

L'Estacade
Ranked #188 of 2,564 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: French, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Bastide
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant across the Garonne river from downtown Bordeaux. So it has a most excellent and commanding view back across the river that is just spectacular at night. They also have a large deck area that also provides a magnificent view. The menu has something excellent for everyone and the dishes are well prepared. From downtown you can take the trolley to within about a 300 meter walk along the river bank, or you can take a cab. Either way, you have to go!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Dining here with my work colleague certainly ripped the romance out of the occasion (we did however appreciate the view together ... Ahhhhh), but it
is magnificent. The west side of the city is beautifully lit up and so is the bridge.

I don't know Bordeaux well, but this restaurant appears to be on the 'wrong' side of the river for tourists, but I would recommend the trip over at night. Sitting outside after the meal, admiring the view, smoking, drinking coffee; what's not to like?

The food here is well cooked and pretty large (the Côte de Boeuf would have fed Fred Flinstone comfortably) and reasonably priced. My colleague had some kind of Chocolate Explosion thing that nearly killed him with excitement and calories at the same time. I enjoyed it so much we went for a team lunch there the next day; same deal minus the stunning night-time view, but a reasonable fixed price menu with good fish and meat options.

When I return with my girlfriend later in the year to Bordeaux, I will certainly head here to impress and enjoy a little romance.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great spot on the river. My dining companions found their choices well prepared, but I was unlucky as my starter was over salted, my main coure of fish water-logged, but the ice creams were pretty yummy. Mediocre service. It was nice to sit outside for coffee after and the walk back into town after lunch a nice way to walk off the meal.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The. "Parillada" is boiled and not grilled :)
I stronhly recommend to choose another Restorant or Brasserie.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The restaurant is on the right bank of the Garonne and has a wonderful view of the old city of Bordeaux on the left bank, probably best seen at night.
Portion sizes are quite large so be warned.