“A let down in Bordeaux” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chez les Ploucs

Chez les Ploucs
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Chez les Ploucs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,645 of 2,319 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Palm Harbor, Florida
“A let down in Bordeaux”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

During a fantastic long weekend in Bordeaux, my wife and I had the worst ever meal experience we have ever had, at this establishment. Rude staff, who were more interested in going outside for a smoke than serving their clients, food was terrible,
Cold on arrival and when it came back it was microwaved, meat was tough, salad was bland and not clean, just disgusting.
We both felt sad that other people would try this place and waste their hard earned money.

3 Thank John R

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Good quality basic bistro fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Ate hear on a hot Wednesday night. Sat outside and watched the locals pass by or eating at this and the restaurant opposite. Service good as was the food. exactly what we wanted and expected the price.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Terrible experience! Really rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Unfortunately we had the worst experience in this restaurant, rude staff especially a skinny dark coloured girl who left us waiting for ages and when we enquired over menu she impatiently threw her hands in the air in disgust, walked over to another table and proceeded to take their order! Horrible individual who lacked customer service and manners! Again we were left waiting. Food not nice, basic. All around one of my worst restaurant experiences.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelingpaddies
Lyon, France
“Pleasant experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

We booked a table at Chez Les Ploucs after being advised by a fellow traveller, and we were absolutely glad we did. It was a saturday night and the restaurant was packed (and mind you, it's huge compared to many others I have been to!)

The restaurant gave a very warm and cosy feeling once I stepped into it, with the dim lighting from the candles. All the waitors were dressed up as the game character Mario and it was so amusing to see. We were led to a small table in a corner, which was nice, because the restaurant is quite cramped and there wasn't much space to move around. The menus were little notebooks like those we had in school when we were young, and visitors added their own graffiti at the back which was a source of entertainment while waiting to be served.

We each took the menu at 13 eur for entree, plat and dessert and it was really great value! For such a price, the quality of the food was exceedingly good! I had Salade chevre chaud, some pork ribs for my main course and Gateau basque for the dessert. All the dishes did not disappoint (I was just expecting average quality food) and I was extremely satisfied with the value I got for what I paid!

Maybe because it was a saturday, there was a live performer who walked around the restaurant playing and singing to a guitar. That was a crowd-pleaser as he sang some classic french tunes which I was not familiar with but thoroughly enjoyed. At some point, people in the restaurant were even singing along to the songs.

It was an absolutely pleasant night for my partner and I, and I think that if we ever visit Bordeaux again, we will definitely return!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
“very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

great atmosphere food and the very nice staff in their french uniforms

• Visited February 2012