“Drink, but DON'T Eat”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Rue Sainte-Catherine
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We looked at the menu and went in for drinks and dinner. The service was slow, but there was only one waiter actually waiting tables, so that might not be normal. The drinks were fine, but how can you mess up pouring a beer? The food, however, was awful. My husband enjoyed the chicken nugget starters, but the cheese on a baguette was truly among the worst food I've been served. It was actually individually packaged slices of processed cheese. Not what I expected in France, or from any restaurant. The rest of the food bordered between okay and bad. I would have left a lot sooner if it didn't take us 20 minutes to get our bill.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Im Irish and have been here a few times. For some reason I do not like this pub. It does not feel cosy. It is a bit bright and has random seating..its not well laid out. I dont like the drink either and its overpriced.

As for the food...I think they could do a much better selection then jacket potatoes. They are ok, if you feeling homesick for cheesy bean potatoes. But being Irish, I want more tasty food to remind me of home. There is not a good selection...not to mention any names, but I prefer O'Rowlands for Irish food and enjoy the music (pity it so far)

1  Thank Magnetic_Travels
Aix-en-Provence, France
Reviewed August 4, 2008

One of the most famous Irish Pub in Bordeaux

Paris, France
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Bonnes jacked potatoes...

Reviewed November 25, 2007

I'm fond of their guiness pie especially in winter, and their big salad in summer!!