“sharing a lovely home”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bogdana52
edinburgh
“Unusual apartment in central loacation”
Reviewed September 4, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

It was rather misleading to indicate the property's facilities as apart from the terrace which was a bonus the rooms were extremely dark and depressing - the main double one having NO window, smelling fusty and unventilated (apart from a fan) and the bathroom really weird. the apartment was accessed up a dirty, uninviting staircase in quite a dodgy area and then through several long gloomy corridors before reaching the back of the building where the rooms were. It was all really dark and gloomy; Anne did not like us switching on lights so it was most discouraging to v enture out even to the bathroom.
We felt that Anne was distant and did not really want to be bothered with us although she provided breakfast on the terrace each morning. However she never spoke to us, recommended places to go (even when there was a local market) and remained very aloof. We were not invited to use the kitchen facilities although the blurb had indicated that this would be possible nor could we sit in the main sitting room which was pictured in the advertising. Despite its accessibility to sights and being in an 'atmospheric' area we found her attitude dispiriting and the rooms, especially the windowless one, unacceptable.

Date of stay: August 2016
Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The roof terrace with its flowers and sun
Liked least: The dark, airless rooms and the awful access to the property via dark corridors.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 3, 2016
Dear Madam,
I first wish to thank you for sharing your objective perception and constructive criticism following your visit in Bordeaux. I would like to point out a few things that may have slipped your attention.
As mentioned on the website where the ad for the apartment is displayed, my house is located in one of the oldest and most traditional districts of the city, where people can enjoy a great number of buildings that represent the essence of 18th century architecture, such as the one where I live. I had the opportunity to welcome a fair number of tourists that appreciated this historical aspect as well as the authentic ambiance and the charm this area has to offer, such as the daily food and antiquity market that attract large crowds, not only the select connoisseur. This being said, since you were a professional tour guide and since you didn’t bother to ask any questions as per what not to miss, I assumed you had already done the necessary research in order to make the best of your visit to wander around the city, targeting the main attractions and so on. Regardless of this, you may not have noticed in the main room all the brochures and tour guides laying on the table, which would surely have been helpful judging from your comments.
Following on the theme of architecture, I would like to address some comments on my house. As it was built in the 18th century, the interior design is based on the norms of that time, which I agree, differ somewhat from those of the 21st century. The first staircase is equipped with automatic lights in order to facilitate the access to the building and the apartment. The latter is opening onto a small corridor; during daytime, it is lit by natural light coming from the terrace. The second corridor leads the way to the rooms on the first floor and grants access to the second floor. This first floor is equipped with an HVC unit as it’s at the heart of the building. I have difficulty in understanding what you mean by “dark” and “gloomy” as the corridors are covered with sunflower yellow wallpaper, with paintings hanging and natural fibre carpet covering the floor. In a wish to improve this area, you will be glad to know that I contacted my electrician in order to update the lighting system in order to make sure people who have trouble seeing feel as comfortable as possible. Furthermore, this adjustment could help them remember to turn the lights off, both during daytime and night-time, when the area is no longer used.
Finally, when visitors are welcomed in my house, I remain available should they require any explanation as to how to use the kitchen, the fridge, the appliances, or anything else. Since you both have solicited me on a number of occasions to organize and modify the arrival time and to ask some particular requests, such as finding the contact information of a long lost friend, I thought you felt familiar enough to ask for anything you need. My motto is that my house remains a welcoming place for anyone to live at his or her own rhythm. As such, many visitors from all ages, from France and elsewhere, have enjoyed the location, both on the terrace for breakfast, tea, a glass of wine as well as in the main living area with a book or watching TV.
Sincerely yours
clairej23...
“sharing a lovely home”
Reviewed June 22, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Anne was a perfect host. Proir to our stay, she responded to my emails very quickly. Her directions got us to the place on time. Our bedroom on the bottom floor was comfortable and Anne had a portable fan in the room since the weather was warm during our 4 day stay. Our private bathroom was down the hall from the bedroom.The character of the shared living area of living room, kitchen and patio is beautiful. Each morning we would prepare our breakfast before heading out to see the sites. At the end of a busy day, it was relaxing to sit on the patio with a glass of wine and take in the lovely view. The flat is in a quiet. and safe area and in the heart of Bordeaux. The tram is just minutes away and easily able to get to and from the train station. We would share our day excursions with other guests and Anne's family. Their cat enjoyed the added attention during our stay.

Date of stay: June 2015
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing