“Cheap and handy”

Teneo Appathotel Bordeaux
Geneva, Switzerland
“Cheap and handy”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I lived a big part of my life in Bordeaux what makes that I know very well this city. When I stay here, most part of the time I stay to my friends or family places, but sometimes, to have more freedom, I offer myself a stay to the hotel. I go to Ténéo because it is the best report quality / location / price that I found. Certainly, the environment of the hotel is a little bit glaucous, but, I know, ase local people, that the rate of criminality is there very low. Bordeaux is a city rather safe. The rooms are not perfectly clean, but not so bad, spacious, the decoration is without soul (Ikéa style) (but why not?), good mattresses, and it's handy for somebody like me who stay few days to be able to cook a little. The problem that's they don't provide stuff for washing the dishes...They clean the room only all the 3 days, it's not enough, but you know it from the beginning, then no surprise Bathrooms are basic but for the price! It's sure not a five stars, but in my humble opinion it's a perfect balance of price and services.

Room Tip: To make sure to have a quiet room, you may ask a room at the back side, with wiew of the parking! Ab...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights when I first arrived in Bordeaux. A lot of people seem to complain about the fact there isn't staff around all the time, but I didn't really find it a problem. The staff were really helpful and nothing was a problem for them. They gave good directions and knew a lot about the bus routes. They also spoke English and Italian quite well.

The rooms are perfectly fine and well self contained. The could do with an update as they are starting to get a bit tired. There was hot water and the towels were changed every day. They didnt provide any washing up materials- but I just bought a small bottle of detergent and a sponge. I noticed a few complaints about bad food smells- but I didn't have a problem at all.

The area leaves a lot to be desired but it is close to the train station (I arrived late at night on a train from Paris and I was thankful that I could walk to the hotel). The tram is also close by which is perfect for taking you into the centre of town in 10 min. The night time crowd in the area can be a little sketchy but I was travelling alone and apart from the odd comment, it was fine. There are quite a lot of sex shops around so I probably wouldn't stay with children. In saying that it's no Red Light District. There is a few shops near by to grab some quick groceries but again nothing great. I got all my stuff in town.

The only real complaint I have is the Internet. I got the impression when I booked that there was free Internet. When that's really a half truth. They give you a card when you arrive with 24hours of Internet access. That means you have to be careful to "log off" as soon as you stop using it. I found it annoying and reminiscent of the dark days of dial up. The connection is also crap. You can only load one page at a time. If you load more than one then it doesn't work. I also wanted to log on to my work computer and do some things remotely- this was totally impossible. Any site that was complex or involved too many log ins just didn't work. It also would stop periodically. It couldn't cope with Skype video calls and only just got through using voice.

In saying all of this it is quite cheap and for what you pay the rooms are more than substantial. If I was travelling in a group of three it would be amazing value! I would stay there again and would stay in a group.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Blois
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was good for the price, very centrally located. We had road works wake us up in the morning around 9 am though. It was kind of inconvenient to have to wait to check in until 2pm (our fault for not noticing that before) but the front desk let us leave our bags there while we walked around the city. The double bed studio is really nice too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The advertising was misleading. It showed a cheap price, but it was about double that price for one night (it's cheaper for 6-30 and 30-90 nights...). It was good, but nothing special. The beds were okay, the service was good, and everything else was just average.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at the Teneo Suites on our way to Portugal and the suites give you a good value for the money you pay. The apartment had one bed and living room and a kitchenette. It was not too much spacious but again the price of 55 Euro. It located in walking disctance to the Gironde river and the historic city centre. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family