TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Better than I could have imagined with 2 young boys - thank you, Laura!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
KMac0931
Fantastic 2 Day Private Tour of St Emilion and Medoc

Reviewed December 8, 2019
SpiderH20

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Bordeaux
from $87.34
from $32.90
from $155.97
from $81.67
More Info
All reviews private tour guide laura right bank left bank wine tour chateau guadet perfect days le cellier st emilion several wineries great itinerary beautiful lunch wine shop day trip restaurant recommendations went out of her way saint julien
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family of four took a day trip to Bordeaux, while staying for a long weekend in Paris. I didn't know what to expect, especially with 2 young boys in tow (3 and 6 year old), but Laura's planning, personality, and knowledge of the region made it THE best trip I've been on in quite some time.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a group trip or private tour for our day excursion in Bordeaux. Since we booked the trip only about a month in advance, I figured our only option was to tag along with a large group, which I was skeptical of... figuring I'd lose the commentary, and my boys, along the way! After doing some quick research, I stumbled upon Bordeaux with Elodie and a review of a woman that was similar to my situation. I decided to reach out to the team to understand my options, and from the first inquiry all the way through to the final goodbye, the team made it feel private and personalized, which is exactly what we needed!
We ended up going to St. Emilion for the day, experiencing 2 vineyard tastings, lunch at a 3rd vineyard, and ending the day with a tasting in the gorgeous, picturesque downtown St. Emilion. In addition to being beyond accommodating in the short planning time frame we had, Laura (our tour guide) had gone above and beyond in making the experience fun for my boys as well. To our surprise, she had worked with the first vineyard to orchestrate a game with clues throughout the vineyard, with a grand surprise at the end (a treasure chest full of candy, paper, and pens that they ADORED) as a fun way for the boys to learn with us. I was absolutely blown away by their attention to detail and their attempt to make the day enjoyable for our boys as well. Laura even picked up a parting gift for my family (a delicious cookbook and local, original macrons) since my husband and I were celebrating our 10 year anniversary.
I HIGHLY recommend taking advantage of the thoughtfulness, skills, expertise, and connections of the team at Bordeaux with Elodie - especially Laura! I truly will never forget the experience, and will dream of the day I'm able to go back and visit! :) Huge thank you to the team for making it so special for my family.

-Kathryn

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

I honestly don't know where to start when trying to describe how much my wife and i enjoyed our private tours with Laura from Bordeaux with Elodie!
I bought 2 private tours (Medoc and St Emilion) as a birthday present for my wife's 30th birthday (also secretly a bit for myself), and it far far exceeded my expectations.

I initially contacted Elodie through the email provided on their website and the moment that she responded i knew that this would be a great tour. The response to my email alone showed how dedicated and passionate she was about her job, writing the itineraries so that they could be reviewed and my suggestions could be added if required.

Throughout the 2 days, Laura pitched her chat perfectly to our wine knowledge and both of us really enjoyed the education without a single moment of feeling overwhelmed by it.

The actual wine tastings were tastefully done and in some amazing locations. At one particular winery we went down into a wine cave network cellar where you could see where it had been originally excavated by hand many many years ago. The history of some of the places we visited was truly amazing!

I won't go into details about the vineyards/wineries/chateaus that we visited but i would highly recommend a vertical tasting at Château de Ferrand - it was held in the most beautiful professional tasting room and was incredibly informative.

Both myself and my wife felt so at ease and so comfortable with Laura from the moment we met her, it was like a friend was taking us on a wine tour. The fact that she was born in Bordeaux and that she has grown up surrounded by wine and the wine culture shows in her work. The passion and knowledge she has within her field is truly refreshing.

The scenery is this part of France is beautiful, the wine is so so good, it's educational, it's fun and i can honestly say it's been some of the best days out we have ever had. I will be making sure that i visit again some day.... worth every penny.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Thanks to Jeremy for a spectacular day trip to St. Emilion! Our group of four have traveled all over the world over the Thanksgiving holidays for the last 15 years, and we always make it a point to have at least one day trip outside of each city we visit. After careful research, we worked with Bordeaux with Elodie to plan a trip to St. Emilion that catered to our group's needs. Jeremy was an excellent guide and his enthusiasm for sharing his knowledge of wine and the Bordeaux region was apparent from the moment he met us at our hotel. I would highly recommend BWE to any traveler to Bordeaux and would not hesitate to take another tour on our next visit.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019

I highly recommend booking your wine tours with Bordeaux with Elodie. They worked hard to get our tours and lunch reservations scheduled, and were easy to communicate with via email. Our trip consisted of three full days in three different wine regions around Bordeaux. The wineries were wonderful, and we felt like rock stars as the tours at the wineries were private, not part of a group tour (although I know some locations might be part of a group tour, depending on the winery). Our tour guide was Emilie and she was very knowledgeable about the wines and the region, was very kind, and she put us at ease when we overslept on the first day of our tour, revising our arrangements to accommodate our late departure. More importantly she was also very fun! We hope to return so that we can go on more wine adventures with her. Worth every penny (or euro)!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed October 31, 2019

My family and I had a fantastic day with this tour! I highly recommend this company. Very accommodating, knowledgeable, friendly. Would definitely use them again!

Date of experience: June 2019