TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 6:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Two-Day Tours with Emilie of Bordeaux with Elodie

My wife and I visited Bordeaux for the first time last week. We booked Bordeaux with Elodie based... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Michael I
Better than I could have imagined with 2 young boys - thank you, Laura!!!

My family of four took a day trip to Bordeaux, while staying for a long weekend in Paris. I didn't... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
KMac0931

Google
Recommended experiences in and around Bordeaux
from $86.91
from $32.73
from $155.20
from $81.27
More Info
All reviews private tour guide laura right bank left bank wine tour chateau guadet perfect days le cellier st emilion several wineries great itinerary beautiful lunch wine shop day trip restaurant recommendations went out of her way saint julien
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2019

Thanks to Jeremy for a spectacular day trip to St. Emilion! Our group of four have traveled all over the world over the Thanksgiving holidays for the last 15 years, and we always make it a point to have at least one day trip outside of each city we visit. After careful research, we worked with Bordeaux with Elodie to plan a trip to St. Emilion that catered to our group's needs. Jeremy was an excellent guide and his enthusiasm for sharing his knowledge of wine and the Bordeaux region was apparent from the moment he met us at our hotel. I would highly recommend BWE to any traveler to Bordeaux and would not hesitate to take another tour on our next visit.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 14, 2019

I highly recommend booking your wine tours with Bordeaux with Elodie. They worked hard to get our tours and lunch reservations scheduled, and were easy to communicate with via email. Our trip consisted of three full days in three different wine regions around Bordeaux. The wineries were wonderful, and we felt like rock stars as the tours at the wineries were private, not part of a group tour (although I know some locations might be part of a group tour, depending on the winery). Our tour guide was Emilie and she was very knowledgeable about the wines and the region, was very kind, and she put us at ease when we overslept on the first day of our tour, revising our arrangements to accommodate our late departure. More importantly she was also very fun! We hope to return so that we can go on more wine adventures with her. Worth every penny (or euro)!

Reviewed October 31, 2019

My family and I had a fantastic day with this tour! I highly recommend this company. Very accommodating, knowledgeable, friendly. Would definitely use them again!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2019

This was my second time using Elodie's tour guides on a trip to Bordeaux wine country. I've also recommended her to several others that have all reported back they had a wonderful experience. Our second time was just as great as I expected it would be! Our guide on this trip was Lea, she was a fantastic guide and companion! She was flexible to our needs and kept things moving at the pace that we wanted. She was very knowledgeable of the area, outgoing, and funny! We spent the first day in the Sauternes region and the second in Pomerol. All of the Chateaus we visited were first class with great wines.

I will continue to use Elodie's guides in the future, and strongly recommend these tours for anyone else that really wants to get a first class tour of the great Bordeaux wine region!

Thank you Lea for a great two days!

Reviewed October 10, 2019

We spent a full day on the left bank in Margeaux and St. Julien appellations and another full day in old historic St. Emilion. Jeremy was our guide who was incredibly knowledgeable about the history of Bordeaux, the wine classifications, and various chateaus in the region without being overbearing or impersonal. We felt as though he was a close friend showing us his hometown for which he has great passion. We never felt like we were on a tour. And by the end of the two days, he actually became our friend. We invited him to join us for lunch in St. Emilion where he introduced us to a 2 star Michelin restaurant and we had a delightful time and incredible food!

He went out of his way to introduce us to make us feel at home by recommending dinner spots and interceding with the locals to help us bridge the language gap. Jeremy not only knows the wines, he is someone who has a passion for the vineyards having worked in them himself. He was very easy to talk to with such a humble spirit and welcoming temperament.

The booking process was easy and we highly recommend this company. When we come back to Bordeaux we will insist on Jeremy being our guide again!

Merci Beaucoup!!