“We were spoilt A beautiful weekend”

InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel
Ranked #7 of 175 Hotels in Bordeaux
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with lovely staff - the rooms facing the theatre are wonderful, the location is brilliant and the whole atmosphere of the hotel is for you to enjoy your stay. The rooms we wanted were booked for the first night, so we stayed in another room (very small but lovely) and they moved us the next day whilst we were out into our larger room with a lovely view - breakfast was great, the atrium for coffee / drinks is relaxing and the staff couldn't do enough for us and helped with getting self drive visits to several vineyards - even on a Monday. Thankyou!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the theatre are worth the extra cost. Also booking through Amex gets you a ch...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenwal38
Guests_relation, Responsable relations clients at InterContinental Bordeaux Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor this nice feedback about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the services of our staff, our breakfast as well as the location of the hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bordeaux and please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you wish to come back to our property.

With my best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My Husband and I recently stayed here for 6 nights during a 5 week holiday in France. The hôtel is centrally located with excellent staff. We arrived by train and took a taxi, but could have easily also caught the tram which runs right past the hôtel. The bar and restaurant are a bit pricey; take my advice and eat out at any of the hundreds of eateries immediately around. Access by car is slightly tricky, and requires coded access via a pop up bollard, so get detailed instructions from the hôtel if you have a car. Valet parking costs €35 per night. I found the furnishings a bit dark for my tastes, which made our room feel small, but sleeping quality excellent.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Nice location across from the opera house and near the shopping.
The hotel is expensive. Our room was on the small side, but very nice. We were given a tour of the hotel and shown larger rooms, but they were very costly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FirstAlaskantrip
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Bordeaux was quite different than Paris! thank god!!! the hotel is beautiful and centrally located to every thing . Very friendly city and top shelf hotel . we had a driver take us to ten chateaus and he was top shelf .His name is Didier Adam.Great driver! great guy!!! and very friendly and knowledgeable.

Room Tip: great hotel
1  Thank jeffreyb1000

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a so enthusiastic review about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

I am very happy to see that your stay at the hotel has brought you entire satisfaction. I will be delighted to share your kind comments with my entire team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back !

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were celebrating my 60th birthday a month early because our travel agent recommended we visit in October due to better weather. Upon our arrival, we were treated like royalty! Check-in was efficient and we were warmly welcomed by a manager. She showed us to our room and we were given an upgrade. It was lovely! It was spacious, decorated in antique French motif, and the all marble bathroom was luxurious. The room was just what we had hoped for in beautiful Bordeaux! I was given a little birthday gift, and we received a congratulatory note on our anniversary, which we were also celebrating. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful - the bellhops, concierge, front desk, wait staff in the restaurant (which has an excellent breakfast buffet!), and housekeeping. Service was outstanding! This is definitely the best hotel in all of Bordeaux - don't miss it.

1  Thank HKC1010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa for such a special occasion. We hope that you will never forget your last visit in Bordeaux.

I shared your kind words with all our teams and they were very happy to hear that they helped to make your stay memorable.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I live just outside Bordeaux so know this hotel very well, and have often passed bye or taken a coffee on the Terrace.

A friend asked me to drive for him on a Classic Car International Rally over 5 days, and one night stop was in Bordeaux with all the drivers and navigators using this Hotel so I accepted the offer gratefully.

I was not dissapointed with our stay, lovey surroundings, attentive staff and a location not to be matched, all in what I believe to be the most Chic City of France.

I note that on Tripadviser there seems to be many Americans staying here I am sure that it is most suitable and provides a glimpse of Grand Hotels in France.

Oh well for the time being its back to Cafeon the Terrace for me but with the views and location a treat.

Oh I am told the American restaurant oppsite is good but I can not verify this

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa for your visit in March and for taking the time to write a so wonderful review!

It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding the services of our hotel.

Please be assured that I will share your kind words with our team members.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa, we remain at your entire disposal for any further assistance you might need.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Brilliant location, great decor and small but luxurious rooms. Wifi is free however going for a swim, sauna or jacuzzi will cost you an extra 30 euros (50 for 2). This was a great disappointment after arriving back from dinner looking forward to relaxing in the spa for 15 minutes before it closed.

As long as you know in advance its probably not a big deal, I personally wasn't impressed.

1  Thank mekanoid

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Bordeaux & Spa.

It was a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed our location in the very heart of Bordeaux and the decoration of the hotel designed by Jacques Garcia.

We sincerely regret that you were disappointed by the fee to access to the Spa.
Indeed, to access to the Spa there is a fee of 30€/person or 50€/couple for the entire stay. However, there are other possibilities to have a free access to the Spa:
-If you have a treatment in the Spa (massage, facial treatment...).
-If you book an executive room or a suite.

The fitness center as for it is complimentary for all the guests of the hotel.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservation.

Kindest regards,