“Good food great value.”
Review of La Taniere

La Taniere
Ranked #78 of 3,023 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Good food, plenty of it. I had the breadless burger . If you order the burger and don’t like it pink in the middle then go for well done and not medium. Staff very friendly and chatty. You could easily walk past this place as it didn’t look open.

1  Thank TimmyT1956

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

Found this lovely restaurant on the internet after searching for somewhere authentic and affordable - we'd eaten at an overpriced, average Italian restaurant overlooking a cathedral the night before.

The menu here was all in French, it seemed very authentic (lots of locals enjoying food and drink - a good sign!) and was very affordable considering its position close to the river. The staff were very polite and friendly. Really enjoyed our food, well worth the money.

Thank you!! Hidden gem :)

2  Thank Delphinus94
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

We arrived a little early but were welcomed in out of the cold and offered a drink. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful with the menu. His English was very good. Our beer and wine was lovely. Our food arrived exactly as ordered. My husband had the beef with red wine and I had the beef pattie with mustard sauce. Both were exceptional. I ordered mine very well done as I don’t like any rare, and that’s how it arrived. Perfect! I wish I could have bottled the mustard sauce to take home. The waiter even gave me the recipe for it! We would highly recommend this small venue for a great dinner.

2  Thank swhite20
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Enjoyable, simple meal, excellent, friendly service from lovely staff. More a pub that serves food - lots of people at the bar just drinking, but lots just there for the food. A limited menu, but the food was good. Excellent chips !!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank marcovanbatty
Reviewed March 27, 2019

It was recommended by local French people. We couldn't be more happy. The food was amazing, especially l'entrecote. It was very lively and the stuff was friendly, speaking English and very helpful with order.

Date of visit: March 2019