TripAdvisor

Review of Paul's place

Paul's place
Ranked #340 of 3,177 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Paul's Place was recommended in literature at our accommodation and was our dinner destination for our first night in Bordeaux. We were enchanted from the minute we arrived, greeted with a warm handshake & smile from Paul. The decor is eclectic, crazy and stunning all at the same time. The wine, simple but delicious menu and wonderful service made it a night to remember. Very highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (80)

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Just happened to be strolling down, the wonderful Rue de notre dame and we came across Pauls place. Paul was very welcoming and made time to chat to us. the food was very good and excellent value. the restaurant has a real charm and is unique.Worth a visit.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

We really appreciate this place: the atmosphere is fantastic, the food pretty good and the music teally ejoyable.

The couple that manage it is very kind and we really enjoyed our time there.

Thank you so much!

Date of visit: September 2015
3  Thank Owiman
Reviewed June 13, 2015

I don't remember ever coming in to a restaurant with only one person serving and having him shake my hand. There were four customers leaving so I had to sit down calmly and wait for him to say goodbye. The decoration is indeed unique and it looks more than a super-decorated living room than a restaurant. I asked about the decoration and he said that he had worked on it for the past six years but had much more work to do.

The food was very good; a lettuce and mozzarella salad drenched in fine olive oil- I used the bread to swipe every bit of the olive oil. Then a bacon and mushroom quiche; one of the specials for the day. A good enjoyable meal with a cup of the house red wine.

This is located in Rue Notre Dame which I found one of the most interesting and appealing neighborhoods on my trip to Bordeaux, and a street with many antique shops. Its the street behind the Hotel Mercure Bordeaux Cité Mondiale Centre Ville.

Good and unforgettable service.

Date of visit: June 2015
3  Thank Rodolfo R
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Paul's Place has really stayed with us from our trip to Bordeaux. We were booked already to eat nearby but we happened across Paul's Place and it was cracking. The drinks were excellent. But what stayed with us was the wonderful welcome we had from Paul who was interested, interesting and so friendly. It is the greatest compliment for me to say that if Monty Don left Gardeners World for hospitality and catering he would be Paul. The bar was as you see in the pics, mad, eclectic, bohemian, fun and nothing I have seen in the UK. I would return in a moment and perhaps stay for food.

Date of visit: June 2014