“Tres Horrible!!!!”

Pitaya
Ranked #885 of 3,112 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A tidy setting, authentic and creative cuisine, fresh and healthy products: this is PITAYA’s® recipe for an incredible trip to Thailand during your lunch break
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

All I can say is that was the worst tasting red curry I’ve ever experienced. The service was slow and other customers got their food before me. Where they working out how to cook it?

My message is there is a reason why customers require authenticity when they go to a THAI restaurant whether it is fusion or not enough said.

If I could give it no stars I would.

I was surprised to find that another commenter had a similar experience to me.

Date of visit: September 2019
TeamPitaya, Gérant at Pitaya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello funkad2017,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in our restaurant. We're so sorry that she didn't live up to your expectations. We take note of your comment and hope to satisfy you on a future visit.
Team Pitaya

Write a reviewReviews (210)

Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

A popular restaurant at lunch time, long queues. I ordered the Red Curry, which took a time to arrive, so I was expecting a decent rendition of this iconic Thai dish. What I got was a poor effort. I could not taste the coconut milk, let alone the twenty spices that it was supposed to have been cooked in and the galangal was non existent. The only way I can come close to describing it, forgive me if you are from a later generation, is to liken the dish to one of those Vesta curries. The only saving grace was that the rice was okay and the quantity was adequate.

Date of visit: July 2019
TeamPitaya, Gérant at Pitaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Hello LyntonSA,

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Went here for a quick lunch and the meals were cheap, delicious and had big portion sizes. There was also the option to take away what you couldn’t finish
Loved it!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Terrible. Told us That all the dishes was glutenfree. None of them were. Only tje soup... They Could not Even make the meal without soyasauce

Date of visit: May 2017
TeamPitaya, Gérant at Pitaya, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

So sorry, our sauce are done with soya sauce. We couldn't lie to you...

Reviewed May 21, 2017

I'd recommend this place. I had the Vegetarian Thai and my husband had the Chicken Thai. Although the rice was heavy on the serving - I did get a lot of vegetables. The chicken dish was a little shy on the serving.

It was fresh and pretty quick on getting served. It's take out or you can sit a one of the several small tables outside.

8-9 euros a bowl.