“Great stay in Bordeaux - clean, modern & great value!”

Appart'hotel Victoria Garden Bordeaux
Ranked #136 of 174 Hotels in Bordeaux
Sydney, Australia
“Great stay in Bordeaux - clean, modern & great value!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is 10 minute walk from the centre of the city and the main attractions, but you come to expect that with the budget hotels. It is in a convenient little location and the staff are very welcoming and friendly.
The room itself was very large and spacious, and includes everything you could need plus more. A whole kitchenette is included, including all the pots and pans, full size fridge etc you need to make dinner, breakfast etc.
Free parking is included and we opted not to have breakfast so I'm unable to comment on the quality. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in (amazing!) and the bathroom is very large, with lots of storage shelf space, and even includes a large bath and a washing line and washing board. Everything you could think of or need is included and provided - a great stay and I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to my sister who we were visiting. An other major reason was the cheap prise. You might think that you wouldn't get a very high standard for such a cheap price. This hotel is an expectation. It's very clean and tidy and clearly fairly new. The rooms were basic but well equipped. A flat screen tv and best of all, a small kitchen. You save a lot of money by having you own breakfast in the room, and what is more French than getting a freshly baked baguette from one of the bakeries or shops on Cours de la Somme or neighboring streets. As for the location. It's not one of the best areas in Bordeaux. The area is a bit run down, but the hotel stands out being a modern building. I didn't find this a problem thou. Th The surroundings were very quiet and the hotel was located in a yard away from the street. The hotel is also only a few tram stops from the city center: 1 stop to Victoire, 3 stops to Hotel de Ville, 4 to Gambetta (where you get the bus 1 to the airport) and 6 to Quinconces). Downtown Bordeaux is pretty small and the tram network is great. The only small minus for this hotel was that we had problems getting out through the hotel gate early in the morning on our way to the airport. Observe that Wi-Fi is not free and check in is only at 4 pm. The staff were also often on the phone or otherwise occupied.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed January 1, 2012

First of all, I want to say that the staff at the reception desk was very helpful. They speak English quite well and during my two-week stay, they always tried their best to resolve problems.

The cleaning team was terrible. When I arrived, I was very happy with how the room looked -- the bed was comfortable and the wooden furniture gave a warm feel to the room. However, I immediately spotted many many hair on the bed and the pillow (which clearly didn't belong to me because the hair color didn't match!). I guess the cleaning lady didn't change the bed sheets after the previous guest checked out. It was very gross. I had to put on my own sheets because the cleaning lady was gone after 6pm.

Apart from hair on the bed, the cleaning lady was supposed to come into the room to clean once every week. But I waited and waited and nobody came, I spoke to the front desk and they put a note in the record, but still, nothing happened for another two days. So in the end, my room had a large pile of wet towels and the toilet started to get dirty.

The hotel is about 15 minutes walk from Place de la Victoire -- which is where the restaurants/shops are, and about half an hour from the city center. There is very little near by and in the evening, the only restaurant near by that was open after 9pm was Speedburger -- a French version of an American burger joint but much more expensive (almost 13 dollars for a decent burger + fries + soda).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel9999999
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Just back from our voyage to France (Paris + Bordeaux). Stay 1 week in December 2011.
Good location: 20 minutes by feet to the Gare (main railway station) and 10 minutes to the Place Victoire and Rue Saint-Catherine.
All city center of "old Bordeaux" is in walking distance (or you can use beautiful Bordeaux tram, very new and convinient as well).
Rooms are very big with attractive wooden furniture. Big bathroom with tub. Kitchinette with "all what you need".
Sleep quality was superb! Very silent place, lovely view from the window and nice fresh air.
Bad: towels were changed 2 times only. And room was cleaned once within a week!

Nevertheless, general level is very good. And value for money is very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Abyrvalg_SPB
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is probably one of the cheapest Hotels in Bordeaux to stay in so don't expect much in the way of luxury's. It is clean and relatively close to the city centre .
The walls between the rooms are paper thin so you can hear all kinds of Noises and people snoring etc. They advertise WI-FI but the two times I have stayed here It did not work.
Breakfast is extra . I looked at and as it was not that Inviting looking so
I did not have
The sauna was available in the morning from 7am to 10am and they wanted an extra 20 euro to use so I also gave that a skip
If like me you have no great interest in hotels and prefer spending your money on nice Resturants wine etc this place is OK plain basic but very cheap

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jerry2623
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Upon arrival we were met with an empty reception with our room keys in an open safe?

The room was like something off Cell Block H. I wanted to leave and book in somewhere else, but as we arrived late my family persuaded me to stay.

The next morning I was met by a miserable receptionist and then proceeded to stroll down the avenue of decaying, shops and residential properties in the area where the "Hotel" is located.

I would only recommend this to my worst enemy and even then I would feel guilty.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank MIW_11

Travelers are raving about these Bordeaux hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Comfort Suites.
Hotel was clean and room was good size.
Had all the basics for self catering.
It was walking distance to nearest tram stop and had bus routes right outside the hotel into Bordeaux centre.
We absolutely loved Bordeaux but if I went back I can't guarantee I would come back here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple