“Awesome Place, visit the wine bar”

Bordeaux Wine School (Ecole du Vin)
More attraction details
Owner description: Intensive, three-day courses in beginning and intermediate wine-tasting will educate your palate to the nuances of fine wines.
New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome Place, visit the wine bar”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I took a great 2 hour wine tasting course that I bought for 20ish Euros across the street at the Bordeaux Office de Tourisme. I thought it would be really basic, but they are taught by winemakers from the region and it was actually really great. We learned all about the Bordeaux vignobles, and the characteristics of each, and how to taste the wines and distinguish between them based on flavor, color, age, types of soil, etc. It was actually very informative and I will use the knowledge I gained at this course. The teacher had a glass of wine with us afterward at the Bar a Vins downstairs which is not-for-profit and has excellent wines around 2 or 3 euros a glass. Highly recommend that as well!

Visited September 2012

Milton Keynes Uk
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Educational and fun”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Two hours well spent in learning about the production of wine in Bordeaux and how to enjoy it! The tutor was extremely knowledgeable and made learning fun. Thoroughly recommend it.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Mr_T_MK
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“So worthwhile”
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

At 25 euros for two hours, well worth it! Very informative, interactive and fun and up there with courses I've done at berry's in terms of quality. We only tasted four wines at the end but still worth it. Great to have such a focused session on bordeaux. Incidentally I did the afternoon French version despite my French not being that strong (the morning session is in English) but I still got the general gist- if you know a bit about wine already it's manageable.

1 Thank Annieo123
Madrid
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Highly recommended for anyone seeking to further their knowledge in Bordeaux wines. I opted for its two-hour summer 'oenoexpress' workshop prior to visiting the area's Chateaux, which are superbly organized by the Office of Tourism, right across the street. The workshop covers much in just two hours including Bordeaux's vineyards, its history, grapes, wine making and more. It concludes with an intricate wine tasting session which called upon our smell and taste buds. Easier said than done, you will want to learn more!

Visited August 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Tried to attend but was rebuffed”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was in France with a friend who is a French, and thus a fluent French speaker. The school holds to wine classes a day, one in English from 10am to 12 noon and one in French from 3pm to 5pm.

Maybe it is just me, but I really don't like to idea of drinking wine at 10am. We asked if we could attend the 3pm tasting. The person asked if I spoke French. He told her no, but that he would translate for me. She refused saying that would be distracting. We had actually been doing this for over a week on various tours. He would whisper the translations in my ear or wait for a break in the discussion. No one ever seemed put out because we were careful not to be rude. We tried explaining this, but to no avail.

We then asked for private lessons. She waved us away and said that would not be possible. We later learned that they do in fact do private lessons. She just was not interested in helping us.

Visited July 2012