Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Highly recommend Bordeaux Walking Tours "Wine in the City" tour

We highly recommend the Bordeaux Walking Tours "Wine in the City" tour and we would definitely use... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
_lwilbur25
Laguna Niguel, California
City Landmarks tour

Thank you Marion for an excellent city landmarks tour, it was full of interesting information and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Maree D
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile

All reviews semi private tour great walking tour hour tour great introduction to the city random questions city's history canele wonderful morning highly recommend this tour roman times tour takes food and wine in depth knowledge an excellent guide modern times office de tourisme interesting tour
Reviewed May 19, 2016

Claire was my tour guide. Her native language is English so she was so easy to understand which made the experience very pleasant. She taught me a great overall background of the city of Bordeaux. It was amazing. She showed me where all the hidden gems and mysteries of the city. I would definitely recommend for any one who is looking for a good tour of the history of the city!

1  Thank Georgina G
Reviewed May 2, 2016

They did their very best to accommodate our needs and they definitely put their clients first. They could have cancelled our semi-private tour as it turned out it was just the two of us (some people must have dropped out at the last minute) but they didn't and I'm glad. Anna, who is a great guide, showed us around the landmarks of Bordeaux, which are tangible proof of the rich history of the city from Ancient to Modern times. It really was a lovely walk, she speaks very good English and she didn't leave anything out: the sight of the monuments prompted discussions about the Roman conquest, wine-growing, the Hundred Years War, the Counter-Reformation, the Slave Trade, the French Revolution and the recent embellishment of the city, all in very accessible (but not condescending) terms. Anna has a great sense of humor, too! I disagree with WatsonAU who says that the tour is too expensive: 35€ is more than fair for a 2 hour tour of this quality. I'm used to free walking tours, too, and I did them in a lot of countries, they were fun but not nearly as professional. My only regret is that we were short on money so we couldn't leave a tip, but Anna really deserved it and I'm definitely booking another tour when I'm coming back to Bordeaux, as they have many other options. Dafne and Yaguel

2  Thank Dafne P
Reviewed April 25, 2016

We had a great walking tour with Martine which set off from the Tourist Office. She was super, great level of English very interesting.

Reviewed April 9, 2016

Excellent tour but too expensive. I've been on free walking tours where I pay what I think it's worth or can afford and at most I've paid €20. This was €35. Hella was my guide and was extremely knowledgeable and engaging. She also let us try canelés, a Bordeaux treat. I just think it's too expensive for 2 hours.

1  Thank WatsonAU
Reviewed February 4, 2016

We met Hela out of season on a drizzly Bordeaux morning. Once we got walking and started getting the history and fun information, it felt like the skies cleared (they didn't but it felt that way...ha). Hela was a wonderful guide; clearly enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. We had some yummy taste-of-Bordeaux treats to fill our bellies along with our minds and got to know the city in a way a guidebook can never offer.

This is a must-do if you're in town!

1  Thank Jennifer H