“Fabulous Wine - Fabulous Service.”
Review of Bordeaux Vertigo

Bordeaux Vertigo
Ranked #10 of 71 Food & Drink in Bordeaux
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine, cultural, culinary tours in the Bordeaux, Cognac, Armagnac regions proposed by winelover Bogdan Ghita. Discover magnificent Bordeaux chateaux and taste their secrets...
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I wanted to plan a wine tour in the Bordeaux region of France. Not knowing a lot about the vineyards in this region we decided to hire Bordeaux Vertigo to set up our tours. We only had two days and wanted to make the most of them. Bogdan answered our questions in a very timely manner and three months before our trip we had two full days of tours set up. It was exactly what we wanted; interesting, informative, friendly,fun and best of all great wine! We wanted to send wine home and Bogdan took us to a store where we could choose a few different kinds of wine, which arrived home before us! We had a great time and we highly recommend Bordeaux Vertigo.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My 4 friends and I are in a wine club and we were planning a wine tasting tour weekend to Bordeaux. I set about planning the trip and soon came across Bordeaux vertigo. From the first email to Bogdan I knew we'd struck it lucky. I gave Bogdan a few ideas of what we wanted our experience to be like and asked him to plan a trip for us to St Emission and Pomerol region. All email correspondence was prompt and professional and Bodgan tailored the trip to our needs. Bogdan sent us an itinerary of the tour we asked for a restaurant recommendation and booked that for us The morning of our tasting tour he arrived promptly at our hotel in his comfortable minivan. He outlined the day ahead and was just so friendly and hospitable. He is a wealth of knowledge and has an obvious love of wine and wine culture. He arranged tours to 4 fantastic Chateaux all individual and contrasting. We enjoyed some fantastic wines and met many of the owners and wine makers. Bogdan delivered above and beyond our expectations and made our trip to Bordeaux a very memorable experience. My only regret was not staying longer. The cost of the trip was worth every euro and I would recommend Bordeaux Vertigo to anyone who wants a more personal tailor made trip.
Thanks again Bogdan from Siobhan Ciara, Pat,Andreas and don't forget Mark on the crutches. We look forward to a return trip and another region.

1  Thank Siobhan1976
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My hubby and I spent a few days in Bordeaux during August. Initially we were thinking of joining those group tour but then we saw Bordeaux Vertigo on tripadvisor with great comments. Boghan replied my enquery immediately. Once I have confirmed to join, he sent me the itinerary according to my wish. I know it's not easy to arrange visits to some of the great Chateau in August, but Boghan tried his best to let us experience the great wines in Bordeaux. Although private tour would be more pricey than those group tour, but it worths!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Bordeaux Vertigo's Bogdan Ghita made the day quite memorable with his truly personal approach for the four of us. He net us at Oceania's Marina which ported at Le Verdun rather than the port of Bordeaux because the ship's draft was too deep for the Bordeaux harbor. Le Verdun is about 50 miles from Bordeaux, so if you don't take one of the ship's overpriced tours, you are stuck unless you plan a tour on your own. This need led me to Bordeaux Vertigo. Bogdan met the ship exactly when he said he would, the vehicle was what he promised and away we went.
We stopped by several Chateaus throughout the day and enjoyed wonderful wine tasting. Bogdan drove the four of us in a large, air-conditioned, oversized window van that allowed for taking photos. He stopped throughout the day for photos and shopping and was extremely knowledgeable about all of the areas we visited (little wonder, Bogdan holds a PhD. in French literature and is an absolute expert on wines to boot! Our tour of Bordeaux had the correct ratio of riding and walking. He also took us to an excellent restaurant (we had to insist that he have lunch "on us". After lunch, he helped us mail several postcards (try to figure out how a French post office works without help!)
Bogdan will tailor your Bordeaux visit just as he did ours. His prices are very competitive and he required no deposit to book our tour. One last comment. We accidently left two articles of clothing in Bogdan's van. He returned them to us (in advance !!)at his expense (24 Euros) asking only that we cover his expense for shipping cost once we received the items.
You will not regret booking Bogdan and Bordeau Vertigo.

1  Thank CEEMME
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Bogdan we love you!! what else is there to say. Your knowledge, hospitality and kindness is overwhelmingly fantastic and your guidance through wine country in France unforgettable. We were on a wine immersion cruise and hired Bogdan for two day's to take us to wine tasting in the unforgettable Bordeaux wine region. he picked us up at the cruise port and from that moment forward we were educated on wine from the Bordeaux region, and this education was fun! Beautiful wineries, fantastic recommendations for lunch, dinner and night life in Bordeaux. We are planning on going back on land in the next year or two and will definitely hire Bogdan to be our guide. Every moment was educational, entertaining, unbelievable and unforgettable. CHEERS TO YOU BOGDAN!!!