Ibis Bordeaux Centre Gare Saint-Jean Euratlantique
$281
$259
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Budget Bordeaux Aeroport(Merignac)(Great Value!)
$49
Seeko'o Hotel(Bordeaux)
$210
$152
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewseasy acessfloor rooma lovely stayfollowing morningcafes and restaurantshotel is locatedexcellent locationbusiness triptramwifialarmeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We missed our flight from Bordeaux airport so had to overnight in Bordeaux so we could then catch a train to our destination. Therefore, we wanted to be as close as possible to the train station so that we wouldn't then miss our train the next morning. It was a very good thing, as we slept through the alarm and had 17 minutes to get to the train. We made it- and we had a very quick breakfast, which is self-service and perfectly nice.

The hotel is like the photos, and the rooms are quite small with even smaller bathrooms, but it was still a good value for money.

The elevator wasn't working when we stayed, so we had to walk up the stairs with our baggage, but it was fine.

Another bonus of this hotel was that they had a room with 4 single beds, which is what we needed, and which is not available everywhere.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the train station are a bit noisier than the others in the back, but then if you want a view, that is the drawback.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in July with very hot weather. There is no a/c in the hotel, but the fan works very well. We were fine despite the heat. Hotels near train stations tend to have questionable neighbours. That said, we felt fine in the evening. It was clean, had wifi, and the staff were very helpful. The location is great if you are in transit. It's a quick tram ride to the centre of town. Breakfast is not included and they could add that in for the price. Otherwise, a great spot.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had a very nice stay at this hotel overall. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful during check-in. She remained that way the whole time I was there.

The room was better than what I would expect from a 2 star hotel. The bed was great and everything was very clean. The fan was sufficient to keep the room reasonably cool on a 30 degree day. The room was small but pretty standard for France/Europe.

The bathroom was the only shortcoming - it was tiny and not as clean as I would have hoped. In particular the shower was a bit grubby.

Lastly, the location is great if you need to access the train station early in the morning. It is so close that I could hear the announcements for trains with my window open! I did not sense any rif-raf in the area as other people have said - I found the area quiet nice. For the price I paid I was very happy with the service I got, the quality of the room and the location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are basic & have a ceiling fan. The temperatures in France were mid 30's in July so with no air con the rooms were unbearable. Leaving the window open to catch any breeze meant noise from the train station & cafes below. There were people hanging around all night yelling. The breakfast was ok & of course easy to get to the centre of Bordeaux with the trams right out front. It maybe Ok to stay in cool weather.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank EmuKanga
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Sometimes the area around the station can be a little seedy. This is not the case in Bordeaux. The Faisan is right opposite the station and tramstop which makes it very convenient for those who travel by train. The two I saw at reception were very pleasant and the manageress went out of her way to help me. The rooms were on the small side but very well arranged. Two people sharing would do well to ask for one of the bigger rooms. I would be very happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front but there was no traffic noise. The bed was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo