Ibis Bordeaux Centre Gare Saint-Jean Euratlantique
Ranked #90 of 174 Hotels in Bordeaux
Cork, Ireland
“Perfect!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We picked this hotel not having much idea of the layout of Bordeaux.We were pleasantly surprised at the convenience of this hotel to the tram and train, the rooms were compact but what more do you want for a city break.The staff were extremely nice and very helpful and. spoke english which was great.
I have never reveiwed a hotel before but as I use reveiws myself I felt I had to share my good experience here.I would definitely go back to this hotel and to Bordeaux as it was a lovely city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carfletch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
Glos
Reviewed September 1, 2011

basic rooms and we had superior room, non air con only a ceiling fan. breakfast good but basic. nice staff. good for tight budget

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank single-dad-glos
Kerry
Reviewed August 18, 2011

As this is a two star hotel,I had low expectations regarding comfort and elegance but I was quite pleasantly surprised.For a very good price I got single occupancy of a nice double room on the fourth floor with a very comfortable double bed,large flat screen TV and a lovely bathroom which had both a bath and shower. I was also very pleased with the breakfast.French breakfasts are generally small but this hotel offered more: a good selection of cereals as well as breads,pastries and juices and also hard boiled eggs.The location was perfect as a stop over from travelling as it is just opposite the train station.I arrived from a long train journey and needed to take the airport bus the following morning which leaves just outside the station.So this hotel offered the comforts needed by a tired traveller.The only downside would be the reception staff who I found quite impersonal and unfriendly. Apart from that,I was very pleased.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank acequion
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel has been (in my opinion) very wrongly slated, for being noisy and dirty. (seemingly pre 2007).
Yeah o.k, I guess the bathrooms in some of the rooms are a little small but you're not going to sleep in it.
The rooms are cleaned DAILY (like it or not).
Yes, lift is small but big enough.(and there are two)
The staff are fantastic and will bend over backwards to accommodate you, we booked through the easy jet site and got a twin room , on arrival we changed this for a double, (from the 2nd night) for the duration at no extra cost.
WILL go back it's great value for money. Great location, great transport links to town center or the prom, and a few discrete sex shops around the corner can hardly be called a red light district, can it?
The homeless are a bit of a concern,(there the same wherever you go), but we walked home from a night out and got back to the hotel about 4a.m. without any problem whatsoever. (i felt safer there than at home).
My ONLY bad point (and i think i'm being picky) is that there were no tea/coffe making facilities in the room but hey... you cant have everything, true?

Room Tip: I honestly cannot fault either of the TWO rooms we occupied (one at the front 1st floor or the one a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NastantheBlack
Kleinmond South Africa
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We wer in transit from England to our holiday rental near St Jean d'Angely. Arrived late by bus and tram from airport (11pm) and found hotel straight away as it is only a few metres from the tram stop. Staff very friendly and helpful at reception. Room small but clean and bed linen sparkiling clean! Bathroom at first difficult to find as it is behind a narrow "cupboard" door. But more than adequate.
Breakfast excellent and easy to serve your self. But dining area not very big.
Hotel position perfect if you are to use public transport and arrive or leave by train.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a good value short stay hotel

Room Tip: Get to breakfast befor 9 as it can get crowded
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CatherineGS
Palma de Mallorca
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I used the Hotel du Faisan as my base during a 3-day roadtrip in the Bordeaux wine region. The hotel was centrally located across from the train station from, where I picked up my rental car. At no point was I bothered by the noise, you can find around train stations. Upon check-in I was upgraded to a larger room on the 5th floor with great views of the station itself. Receptionists were super nice, accommodating and helpful. The room and bathroom were clean and the mattress comfortable. Just outside the hotel you find several cafes serving up French platters. Areas close to train stations can be quite seedy, and as anywhere else you will find some dodgy characters drifting around in the area, but that being said, I was never bothered by anyone. There's a tram stopping 50 meters from the hotel, only 3 or 4 stops from the historical center and the wine bars. Parking was free at a garage nearby. When I return to Bordeaux next time (I know, I will be back in this city !), I will definitely stay at the Hotel du Faisan again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Molinator
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 26, 2010

The room was fine - nice and clean, well ventilated and an ok bed. Breakfast was appalling - there were not enough tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, food or even coffee and milk. Something went wrong with the hot drinks machine and staff didn't know how to fix it. The juice was an ultra sugary cordial that was not even cold. The breakfast room seemed pretty dirty too. Close to the station, so convenient in that respect but we are sure you could find something a bit nicer in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple