Mercure Bordeaux Cite Mondiale Centre Ville
Ranked #23 of 173 Hotels in Bordeaux
Liptovsky Hradok
“Very nice”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed here in May 2011 for business. I find this hotel quite nice. I appreciated the breakfast area with a view over the river Garonne and coffee and tea facilities in each room. Staff was very friendly and always helpful.

I stayed only for 2 nights and was busy preparing a conference so I did not have a chance to enjoy more of this hotel.

Room Tip: ask if the rooms were recently renovated or not (in 2011 it was not the case for all the rooms)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I am not going to be original. I will just confirm what others have stated and I have experienced on my stay. Being very carefull with words: is was not up to (my) expectations. 3 stars in France should be better than this. It is all in the details, they say!
A previous visitor mentioned bed sheets smelled like tabacco. I am not sure if bed sheets are to blame, but the tabacco smell is there. The bed sheets were clean - I double-checked, so maybe is impreganted in the room, or else, who knows? I could feel it every night. I am a non-smoker, so it was quite unpleasant.
Other than that, room was decent and clean - nothing fancy but nothing to complain about.

Food was disapointing. Breakfast was not varied but satisfactory for a quick bite; however the (business) lunch was poor and scarce. It was really bad - something I did not expect in a Cite Mondiale Centre de Congress hotel from France, home of the most elevated cuisine. Three days in a row I left lunch being hungrier than before...

Hotel interior looks a bit outdated, conference chairs are old and worn out, no podium on the conference room. Staff needs image counselling - they looked all bored, outdated; the girls in the restaurant seemed clumsy and/or unconfortable - like the first day at work.

Pros: great view from the roof and from breakfast restaurant. Location is also an advantage if you care for a walk downtown. Not recommend it for personal /family /couple travel -just for (regular) business meetings.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank thenewman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Everything was very good except that it was completely impossible to get the receipt correctly written. The problem was thatme and my wife had the room as double occupancy for 7 nights but I wanted to know what would the price be if I stayed alone (i.e. single occupancy) without breakfast. I have still not got any correct receipt. I need this for my payment from my company to verify single prce.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Paris
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel is brand new, room are nice, location is fine.
Restaurant is good.
Good stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Coventry
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Okay hotel. Great location but service left a lot to be desired.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My booking F6B-0KB3 for 4 nights was 436.40 Euro without breakfast but I was forced to pay 500.40 Euro including breakfast even if I did'nt eat. I had an conversation and showed my booking but anyway the argueed and said that was'nt "valid"?????
However, I was in hurry for my flight so I had to leave and did'nt have time to arguee...... disapointed.... I've stayed at hotel 70-80 nights per year for 8 years now and this is the first time this type of discussion happened.....so I will continue stay at Mariott or some of the others chains instead of using A-club hotels...

Arromanches
Reviewed September 28, 2011

perfect location , amazing terrace .But breakfast had very poor choice, coffee cold , no fried eggs , croissant not daily ;
pillow and bedlinen smelling tabacco , shower door broken .
This hotel is not 4 stars, just 2 , regarding facilities , bedroom and breakfast .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
SOUETRE, Directeur général at Mercure Bordeaux Cite Mondiale Centre Ville, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments and want to bring some clarification.
At breakfast, the eggs are fried on request, croissants baked on premises daily. On coffee, the staff must now offer hot coffee, of course.
Our technical department has been notified to repair the shower door.
Please accept our apologies for bedding that smelled like smoke: some clients do not respect the word no smoking
We point out also that our hotel is a 3 star hotel and not 4 stars for now