We stayed one night at the Best Western Royal Saint Jean as we were flying from Bordeaux Airport and the hotel was convenient as the bus to the airport left from outside the conveniently placed St Jean Railway Station. We were welcomed by a delightful Chinese receptionist who was most helpful and had high hopes for the hotel. However our room was very small with tired decor and very sloped ceilings in the bedroom and even more so the bathroom. We were on the fourth floor which the lift didn't reach as it only went to the 3rd floor (my husband is 6ft 3") and kept bumping his head as did I am 5ft 6"! The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows very hard. I also woke up covered in insect bites. The room did have air con which was a bonus. Unfotunately we were in such a hurry to leave we left our passports in the safe and didn't realise until we were in the line to check in our bags at the airport. I rang the hotel and was greeted by the most unhelpful receptionist who clearly had little interest in helping us out and eventually reluctantly said she would get someone to check the safe. She was rude to my husband when he arrived at the hotel to retrieve the passports and when he offered to go up to the room to get them to avoid any further inconvenience, she told him he couldn't and he had to wait for a very annoyed cleaner to bring the passports downstairs despite a taxi waiting outside for him. I would avoid this hotel, there are quite a few others around the railway station which I'm sure would be much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mansion of the 18th century offers guests a new reception, a lounge bar, a breakfast room and a library. The hotel highlights the heritage of the Bordeaux region through the creation of a cellar area that is conducive to the discovery of local wine estates, all in a cozy atmosphere, cozy with a modern twist. Located 10 mm or 30 mm tram walk along the banks of the Garonne, the tourist heart of Bordeaux. A courtesy tray with Nespresso coffee machine in the room, free wifi, a buffet breakfast of homemade products, business corner accessible 24h / 24h and a library for relaxation and reading. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Gare Saint Jean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Royal Saint Jean Hotel Bordeaux
- Best Western Bordeaux
- Best Western Hotel Bordeaux