“professional hotel”

An Accor traveler
Hong Kong
Reviewed December 28, 2010

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
DGGM, Directeur général at Pullman Bordeaux Lac, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

Reviewed December 24, 2010

The Aquitania is a nice and trendy hotel - ideally located next to the Bordeaux Centre des Congrès - and at only a 10 min ride from the airport (well, when you avoid rush hours). Having said that, it's a little bit a shame to be that far from downtown Bordeaux, which is one the french cities on the rise- I was there in December, so no way to use the outdoor pool. The staff is all right, the concierge quite helpful - beware, the Airport shuttle service is a 10 euros service, which is not underlined when booking on their website. The hotel restaurant is OK... and largely overpriced, as any hotel restaurant I guess (e.g., 19 euros the glass of Wine??? they must be kidding) but once again, it's either an in-house dinner or a taxi-ride to city center if you want to eat something.... so I guess you don't have really choice, do you?

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank jo_cicco

I wish to thank you for finding the time to give your comments ans suggestions about your recent stay at Pullman Bordeaux Aquitania and I am verry happy to hear that you enjoyed the quality of the staff service.
I have also taken note of your remaks regarding the overpriced of our restaurant and the glass of wine in particular.
I do sincerely apologise for not meeting your expectations.
I am please to inform you that our restaurant "l'Aquitania" is one of the restaurants in Bordeaux proposing a spécial card of exceptionals "Grands Crus" glasses until 8 €uros for a AOC Médoc until 19 €uros for a 1st Grand Cru Classé of St Emilion.
The "menu of the day "(24.58 €uros/ pers.) is composed with fresh and regional dishes including a glass of claret wine.
I hope you will continue to enjoy our hotel nonetheless and looking forward to your next visit,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 22, 2010

I travel at least twice a year from the UK to Portugal and I tend to stay in Bordeaux. Unlike previous years, I travelled alone (plus dog) and stayed at the Pullman Bordeaux Lac, taking advantage of a promotion being run by Accor which gave a 50% discount on normal online rates, so I payed 63 € (plus 19€ for breakfast) for a standard double room.

The hotel is quite nice, looks like it had a renovation recently but the rooms were still undergoing said renovation (I had an old CRT TV and a card apologising for it and saying that the rooms will be shortly equipped with flat screens). Where it fails is in the small details which you would expect from a 4-star hotel:

- The bed was strangely made, with some sort of "crumply" mattress that gave you the impression of sleeping on a collection of pillows. I tend to like my mattresses firm and the sheets crisp. I got neither.

- There was some noise throughout the night which I believe was due to the ventilation (not A/C) of the room. I eventually blocked it out mentally, but it was an annoying "zuuuuum" when your bed hits the pillow.

- Despite having a bathrobe, I had no slippers! For a 4-star, this is unexcusable!

- The shower head did not fix properly on the column and had to be kept at an odd angle or it would fall off. Not something I would expect on a budget hotel, much less on a 4-star.

Now for the positives:

- Free Wi-fi! Free pet stay!

- Breakfast was good, although expensive. Fresh salmon, selection of French cheeses, fresh pressed orange juice and lovely pastries made for a good start of the day.

- The service was very attentive whenever I had any request, during check-in, meals and at check-out.

- Although not directly related to the room, I had a prix fix dinner for 29€ including three-courses and a glass of wine. The food was good (French style cuisine, so don't expect very large portions) and the wine perfectly adequate and far better than you would get at you run-of-the-mill restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank cfduarte
Fabien B, Réceptioniste at Pullman Bordeaux Lac, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Bordeaux Lac. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Océane

Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed in a suite as we had our daughter with us- and the room and bathroom seemed quite new and were beautifully furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable and huge bathroom. A very nice bonus was compliementary soft drinks, water, juice and 1 beer each day.
We ate in the restaurant ( a Monday night) - and chose the special day menu - 2 courses for 24 euro - wonderful food - and the price inluded 2 courses and a glass of wine. There were only 2 other tables occupied so no atmosphere in the restaurant.
Breakfast was also very good - except for noise from the adjoining large room that was being used for preconference coffee/tea.
Location of the hotel is a negative as have to catch a bus and tram into the centre of Bordeaux - though only 1.40 Euro for the total journey - I would not feel comfortable about doing this trip late in the evening. We also had arrived on a Monday - which was a public holiday - and were told then that the buses were only running once an hour. There is a large shopping centre about 25 mins walk from the hotel ( near Ikesa) - which as a huge supermarket etc.
The taxi fare from the railway station is about 30euros, - and it takes about 30 mins.
Other than location - our other negative was the desk staff.
We checked out at 10.00am -and advised the desk that our bags were still in the room - and requested they store them and book a taxi for when we got back to the hotel at 1.00 as we were catching a train to Paris that afternoon. On returning to the hotel at 12.30 - no one knew where our bags were - and we also asked for them to check that the taxi had been booked. We were told to go and wait in the lounge area. After 15 min of no contact - we went to the desk again - where the same girl said where are the tickets for your bags - we went through the whole story again!. It was at this point the concierge came to the desk - he then tracked down the bags - still in the room, found that no taxi had been booked, and then booked a taxi. This all made for a very stressful taxi ride to get to the train station which we only made with 8 mins to spare.
So this meant that we had dealt with 2 reception staff who had not done the right thing by us. I also pointed out at checkout that the 2nd night in our room - there was a squeaking noise which sounded like furniture scraping which had dusturbed our sleep quite considerably. We actually checked this a bit more thoroughly early the next morning - and found that it was one of the lifts - the noise had not been there for the 1st night of our stay. The reception person showed no real interest in us pointing his out - and I believe she probably did not pass this on to anyone.
The concierge was wonderful - we had also used him the day before to book a wine tour for us which he had done efficiently.
The hotel is in the middle of numerous other hotels - proabaly all used for when exhibtions are on next to them. This would be a good hotel if going to an exhibtion or conference - but is not for a tourist who wants to feel part of Bordeaux. I chose the hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews - so was prepared for possible bad location - but had't realised how there is really nothing around the hotel for tourists.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
dgqualite, Directeur général at Pullman Bordeaux Lac, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Mrs or Mr,
I wish to thank you for your comments. I have taken note of all of your positive remarks but also the inconveniences you suffered for your departure. I have already taken the necessary measures with my reception team to ensure that this will not reoccur in the future.
Please be sure this was an unusual situation due probably to a misunderstanding in the morning at the reception.
Looking forward to your next visit. Yours faithfully, Arnaud BAMVENS.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have stayed here many times, this is the first review. Very close to the Expo Center. Nice locale. On a bus route.
he restaurant is a little pricey but the food is good. Buffet breakfast is adequate they will cook eggs to order.
The rooms have all been redone since I first started coming here, they are all very nice. If you can afford it, go for the jr. suites, superb!
There are a few restaurants close by and they are all standard fare.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Earthbound-Traveler

We are very happy to hear that you enjouyed your stay at Pullman Bordeaux Aquitania and I want to thank you for taking the time to give your comments regarding your recent stay.

Looking forward to your next visit,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 29, 2010

An excellent hotel especially if you can get a good deal. Breakfast had a very good range of food but we didn't eat in the restaurant at night as it seemed a bit pricey and, as we were staying here for two nights after a week in the Dordogne, my wife didn't want another very rich French meal. We opted for room service from a different menu one evening and this was excellent. But there are numerous restaurants of all kinds in Bordeaux.

Very good swimming pool which was a joy after a day spent walking in Bordeaux which, incidently, is a beautiful city.

I can't understand the previous reviews about getting into the centre of Bordeaux. We drove about three minutes from the hotel to the Tram terminus where there was a fenced, secure park and ride facility and we paid 3 euros to park all day and this included two return tram tickets into Bordeaux which took at most 15 minutes. And the trams run until just after midnight.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mervair

Thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding your recent stay at Pullman Bordeaux Aquitania.
Your satisfaction is our best gift and i am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to accomodating you again in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed September 10, 2010

We stayed in a junior suite which was beautiful and stylish.
Everything you could want in a hotel room was provided.
Good food and wine, well priced.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonWoody
Fabien B, Réceptionniste at Pullman Bordeaux Lac, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Dear LondonWoody,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Bordeaux Lac.

Océane