“9 Months renovation just made it more disapointing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bordeaux
Auberge de Jeunesse
Tring, United Kingdom
“9 Months renovation just made it more disapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've stayed in this hostel three times now and it gradually got worse every time, so when i booked for a short stay at the begining of august and they had told me that they had just finished 9 months of renovation I was actually really looking forward to seeing what had been done.

When I walked through the door i didnt notice a single change except for 2 chairs next to the luggage locker which looked 2nd hand. Decided not to judge straight away and waited to see what the rooms where like, whilst speaking to the man at reception I asked what renovations had been done, he said that they got rid of the communal showers and added a bathroom per room, but then he told us that our bathroom wasnt working yet alongside with a few other guests at the hostel which later let us know, in a way not to pleased I wasnt the exception.

They then gave me the same sheets and irritating heavy cover to make the bed.

The only renovation I saw was electric shutters but you had to leave them open as it was so hot in the rooms (the ridiculous heavy covers didnt help) so in total had about 3 hours sleep, the worst was this was just a one night stay before we went to work in a festival for 5 days and guess what? we where 3 times more confortable sleeping in a tent than in the hostel, at least they had working showers toilettes edible breakfast and they only spent 1 month getting the grounds ready.

In my opinion 9 months renovation was completly useless all they needed to do was add air con to the rooms or at least a fan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank A-food-enthusiast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Canberra
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I feel like a bad mother!!!! My 18 year old daughter is spending part of her gap year touring Europe - her dream - got to Auberge and it is CLOSED til Jan.

Not mentioned on their website.

My review - You are the reason the rest of the world makes fun of the French for your arrogant and rude attitude. You might have mentioned on your web site that you are closed until January - then I would not have told my 18 year old daughter not to try your hostel. Now she is alone in Bordeaux. Thanks for nothing!!!!

Get into the 21 century people!!! Entrer dans le peuple de 21 siècle!!!

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
12 Thank Melrohs

Travelers are raving about these Bordeaux hotels

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hostel is in an OK location to reach from the train station but thats about the best part. There's no character with the place having a real hospital feel. We had a room with 2 bunk beds and a shower. The floors are all vinyl, not very clean and in poor condition. The mattresses are covered in plastic which is very uncomfortable and hot. The toilets are also not very clean. Breakfast was a simple affair but still OK as it's included in the price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple