“Godd B&B Hotel”
Review of Hotel Majestic

Hotel Majestic
Ranked #31 of 177 Hotels in Bordeaux
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We wanted a well-priced hotel in the centre of Bordeaux where we could spend a few days exploring the city. A search on the internet found the Majestic which seemed to meet our requirements. This is a bed and breakfast hotel. On advice gleamed form the web we had booked “Privelege” bedrooms which we found to be comfortable and reasonably sized. The bathrooms were clean and everything functioned. The television was of a reasonable size and could be viewed from the bed without squinting. Two of our rooms were opposite the lifts but they had double doors and we were not disturbed by any noise. The weather was hot and we used the air conditioners which were effective and not too noisy. Breakfast was in a lounge opposite the reception desk which could be used during the day as an area to sit and relax. Newspapers in French and English were provided. Breakfast was the normal continental type with juices, cereals, yogurt, cheeses croissants etc. There are plenty of good restaurants within 10 minutes’ walk of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 24, 2014

A great central location, perfect for shopping dining and night life. But still quiet enough for sleep and relaxation. Staff all pleasant and helpful, decor nice and quite clean. Rooms have reasonable amenities but need more power points at the desk to be suitable for business travellers, I could only connect 1 device at a time, not really enough when I have cameras, phone and computer to keep charged. But the location did mean I didn't spend much time in my room to much to see and do.

Room Tip: Stayed in 109 & 207, both reasonable 207 is a twin with a single and a double bed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Third time I'm here. The hotel staffs are friendly, reasonable price and very well located. Walkable distance to shops, restaurants, and supermarket. The bus and tram stations are just 2 minutes away. Stayed in the hotels around the same price in the city, this is definitely my choice.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank K_HKG
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel was chosen primarily because having been to Bordeaux previously I understood the hassle of travelling with a significant amount of luggage and trucking it to a hotel in a pedestrian only area over cobbled streets . Unfortunately many of Bordeaux's hotels are located in this area.
Our GPS did not seem to understand the one way streets in Bordeaux but after manoeuvring our way around that situation we reached the hotel . Great parking right in front of the hotel and I could see the entrance to the parking garage adjacent . Fantastic . Nice lobby and breakfast area . I had found this hotel on Trip Advisor and booked directly with the hotel ,obviously I had missed something important . I was told that I should have booked the parking in advance as there was limited space and although it was possible to drive up to load and unload the bags we would have to park a couple of blocks away in the public underground parking . The hotel has an arrangement with the parking garage and if you take your parking ticket to the tourist office they will issue you with another ticket at considerably less cost . Strangely enough this worked to our advantage as the following day we observed a car backing up out of that adjacent garage with inches to spare on each side . Really a bit of a nightmare .
The hotel room was quite large , clean and quiet , breakfast was good , reception very helpful. Located minutes from the centre and many excellent restaurants . I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loretta N
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on a recent visit to Bordeaux.

The hotel is in a beautiful 18th century building, which I loved, as it does have a lot of charm. Our room was actually fairly spacious however, it was very tired looking. Drab brown colour, not a lot of light. The bathroom was clean and decent, but the shower was tiny.

Because the building is old, it doesn't seem to be insulated very well as the street noise was incredibly loud, which made it difficult to sleep well.

Overall it was a decent stay, the location is really good and the staff were great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had the chance to stay for a week-end. Very well located between the opera and place des Quinquonces, near the river in a quiet side street.
All the center restaurants, venues etc… within walking distance.
Nice decor, perfectly clean, good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean-yves D
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Great location, but this hotel really needs a refurbishment. The hallways are very spacious, but once you enter your room, you discover the rooms are very small. The bathroom looked updated, but I really think it was designed by an intern. Or a monkey. Almost half of the showers are not covered by any wall or shower curtain, so your bathroom gets flooded every time you shower. Nothing majestic about that!
Also, I do not understand why hotels (like this)still work with real keys...
The beds are ok, as is the breakfast. The staff was very helpful.
But I would only book this hotel again if there was a real good deal. I loved the city by the way!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business