“Perfect ambiance for a bordeaux stay”
Review of Hotel Majestic

Hotel Majestic
Ranked #32 of 175 Hotels in Bordeaux
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better location, a nicer room or friendlier staff. We stayed only one night but would have been comfortable there for a longer stay. Loved the balconies on our room with the floor to ceiling french doors. Quiet street. Private garage (make reservations for the garage as it is small), and free wifi. Breakfast was so so with no cooked choices and no fresh fruit. At 14 euro, it seemed too expensive. Otherwise I recommend the hotel to others who want to stay in the center of the city without having to fight the crowds when you go out the door. You are only one block from everything bot the block you are on is an oasis from the crowds.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funtraveling_10

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a night on a business trip.

3 star hotel with a lot of historical French charm, tiny manual elevators, large brass keys and ancient French style bathroom.

The desk service was great, as soon as we arrived the receptionist on hearing my accent knew my name and a room had been allocated (it’s not course not computer based). Rooms were decent size and clean although slightly a bit worn out. If you like modem gadgets etc. – this probably isn’t for you.

Mini bar was properly stocked.

The bathroom was small and a bit old but clean, and I was not happy that shampoo wasn’t provided.

The Wifi connection was terrible; it took hours to log in and kept kicking me out, this was especially difficult as I was on a business trip.

Television is very olden school type and doesn’t have a wide selection of stations; I believe they only use the local French stations.

Now the best part of the hotel is location. It’s bang right in the middle of Bordeaux town centre! Opposite the hotel are amazing restaurants well priced, and the beautiful Grand Opera, the city centre with an amazing courtyard is also right in front of the hotel.

All in all it was a good stay and money's worth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam T
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, very clean rooms, friendly staff, there is good parking nearby if the hotel parking is full. Its a beautiful city and I highly recommend Hotel Majestic. We stayed on 4th floor and it was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 23, 2013

How could you beat a hotel that is literally across the Grand Opera, a stone’s throw from the shoppers’ “ golden Triangle”, and a block from tourist’s office where a lot of bus tours start? Then there’s the several tram and bus stations a block away, numerous restaurants within a 10 minute walk. You do not need a car here if you are flexible on where you want to spend your leisure time.

Front staff all speak English, polite, and helpful. Rooms are standard for Europe, has a mini fridge that’s cold enough to put in your own purchase. There’s a supermarket in the basement of Grand Hommes ( the center of the Golden Triangle)Has free wifi with decent speed ( if you wish, there’s an Apple store right next to Grand Opera, you can’t miss it, on south side of Grand Opera).Room A/C is good, but bath’s water pressure can be better. My shower ( different configurations in different rooms) was too shallow, the handle of the shower door is right in line with the shower control structure leaving a narrower space right in the middle of the small shower. I asked for a quiet room facing the back, so I had to compromise.

District is very safe, nice to walk around. We sampled quite a few restaurants that I will write reviews separately.

We took a taxi from Bordeaux St Jean train station to hotel, all along the driver was yapping, but at the end refused to help me lift the luggage out of the trunk( nor put it in the first place) I therefore explored my option for the return trip. Very easily, I found that within a hundred yards of the hotel was a tram stop. For a mere 1.4 euros, it would go the 12 minute trip and deposit me right in front of the train station. These very spacious trams run every 6 minutes, and on my departure date, a Sunday morning, it slowed to every 15 minutes. Still, it’s so sensible. The trams are constructed that the gap between the platform is only an inch and is level, so no problem having to lift your luggage.

This makes my next trip to Bordeaux a no brainer

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tak3
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during a quick trip to bordeaux as part of our honeymoon. The location was good and the staff were nice. The rooms were very small which was a bit of a problem with all of our luggage. Also, we like to have a tea in the evening before bed but couldn't as there was no kettle. We asked the staff and they did try to help us but unfortunately the water wasn't hot.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Everything about the hotel was wonderful from comfortable beds, clean baths, and good breakfast. The only thing was their wifi connection was so slow and will continue to kick you off. Be prepared business travelers! Otherwise the location was near the metro, shops and good restaurants. Take a quick walk along the river that is two blocks away.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here the first week in May. We had rented a car at the airport and were able to park at the hotel for E15 a day. We had two rooms for the four of us.

The staff was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and things to see. Their suggestions were accurate and much appreciated. They were very friendly. Our room was clean and the bathroom has been upgraded. The wireless Internet was very fast and free. The heating/air worked properly. We did not have breakfast in the hotel preferring to eat around town.

The hotel has a super location in the heart of the old town center. We were able to walk to most places. We rented the car to go to various wineries and see the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family