“I think you need to love Oysters”
Review of La Boite a Huitres

La Boite a Huitres
Ranked #87 of 2,447 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“I think you need to love Oysters”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I do, but I guess I prefer them cooked rather than just plain. The service was fine and the Creme Brulee was good as it always is in France but wouldn't be on my list of places to go back to.

Visited July 2012

“Simply excellent!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Fantastic oysters! And we discovered that it is possible to eat oysters with sausages... The local sausage!
Very fresh oysters for decent prices.
Clean restaurant and friendly service.

We will return again and again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcoming, unassuming service and first rate food.”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The only reason not to go is if you don't like oysters. The staff are welcoming, the atmosphere is warm and the oysters are superb. We had a tasting plate of oysters followed by a delicious fish soup accompanied by an excellent white graves for only 60 euros. Great value, the best we found in Bordeaux.

1 Thank Dachsir
Laval, Québec
“Oysters galore”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Went to this oyster restaurant from recommandation on my Trip Advisor Mobile App.
Charming terrasse with charming waiter and owner. Choice of many varieties of fresh oysters served on crushed ice platter. First took the Selection platter with 14 oysters with 4 kind of oysters and went back for another 9 of my favorite king "Fines de Claires". I could have kept on tasting but since this was just a kind of apéritif lunch I restrained myself to this selection ... with great difficulty. This is the place for oysters afficionados

• Visited September 2011