“Cute and comfortable”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Des Voyageurs
Ranked #32 of 177 Hotels in Bordeaux
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Des Voyageurs. The rooms are small but clean and very well laid out. Just near the bridge that leads to the old city where there a many great restaurants to eat at. The owners were very friendly and helpful. There is a tram and buses on the street outside and a laundromat across the road. We had no issues with noise and the (continental) breakfast was great. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bplpgee
THIERS, Propriétaire at Hotel Des Voyageurs, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

We are quite happy about all the friendly things you wrote about our hotel. Always trying to do our best for our visitors. We will hope to see you again.

Sincerely yours
Mme Martine FERNANDES

Reviewed September 24, 2013

After spending 3 wks in France & Spain in mostly 3-star hotels @$150-175/nt I was anxious to see how a 2-star hotel at $75/nt and a 6 Euro bkfst could possibly be ranked #1 in Bordeaux on TripAdvisor. Easy to understand. The rms are good size w/new windows that are soundproof when closed; the beds are extremely comfortable; the pillows the plushest I have experienced in Europe; the location right across the bridge from the Old City with its own tram stop quite convenient; and the woman who runs the place (Martine Fernandes) especially nice & helpful. Oh, and did I mention the price! So what else could you possibly want in a hotel in a major city, really now.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wmcusick

Sincerely yours
Mme Martine FERNANDES

Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's was quo a nice hotel, but I'm surprised by it ranking no. 1 in Bordeaux. The location is pretty good, it's easy to get to the city centre. The owner is pleasant and helpful...not a word of English.

But, it's noisy. I couldn't sleep with the window open because of the noise, but it was hot, so I wanted to open the window. As a result I didn't get a good night sleep.

There's no proper public spaces..it's more like a Spanish hostal than a hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank AnMailleach
THIERS, Propriétaire at Hotel Des Voyageurs, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear sir,
Of course my hotel being in the center of the town, you can't be quiet with the noise of the urban traffic as you can be quiet in the peaceful Ireland. I can't do anything against that when you open a window in Bordeaux. About the bed, let me precise to you, I've changed all the beds this year and I had no complain about them until yours. It's true : I don't talk english that I learn for a few months and I hope to speak that language better very soon. Working with my mother in the same hotel for the age of fifteen, I did not have a lot of time to do something else. This is a little hotel, not expensive for the city of Bordeaux and we can't afford a bigger common place.We did choose to not set climatisation for a cleaner planet. It's our choice. We are sorry, whatever, about the fact you spent such a bad night. Best regards
Martine Fernandes

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Tripadvisor's reviews were spot on. Whilst just over the river from the old part of Bordeaux, the 5 minute walk over the bridge is well worth doing anyway on the way to explore the old nooks and crannies of Old Bordeaux. The only slight drawback is that parking at the hotel may be tricky, but careful parking in the local nearby streets provides free parking within a few minutes walk.
The staff are very welcoming, the beds comfy and facilities very good and clean. Whilst breakfast is provided, we opted for one of the local cafes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Martyn K
Reviewed July 2, 2013

A mere 10 minute walk to the town centre, go over the bridge and sort of angle to yor right. We were lucky to get a parking place on the main road give or take outside of hotel. Parking free between 1900 to 0900. Hotel is top notch, but if you sleep with the window open opt for a room away from the front of the hotel. Jean was shouting his admiration to Pierre at about 0200hrs outside the hotel, the noisy person.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoctorTechnical
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and that fact that it was well within my tight budget, and I couldn't have been happier with my choice.

My friend and I reserved room number 24 - it is the only room with 2 separate beds (twin size) - and we both loved the view of from the tall windows.

We arrived by train and took bus #10 to Stanligrad station - and after that it was just a 2 minute walk to the hotel.

The outside of the hotel doesn't look like much.. But the inside is cozy and lovely. Martine greeted us kindly and had us checked in quickly, and from there we lugged our suitcases up the winding staircase (there is no elevator). Our room was super clean, and even outfitted with a flat screen TV and phone. There were lovely travel-sized shampoo and shower gel bottles provided in the bathroom, as well as a hair dryer (which was much appreciated). The quarters are tight but we had everything we needed. I loved that there were wind-up shutters on the windows, as they completely blocked out the light at night. It was also nice and quiet.

The location was fabulous - just a 10 minute walk by foot over the beautiful pont de pierre bridge into downtown Bordeaux.. We also enjoyed staying on our side of town and had a great meal at Café la Bastide (I made reservations online at La Fourchette and got 30% off à la carte menu items! Great deal).

When we checked out, we had trouble getting out luggage back down the winding staircase and a staff member saw us and kindly carried them down for us.

We were also able to leave our luggage at the hotel for a few hours after we checked out, which gave us more time to explore Bordeaux before our return train ride.

All in all, a fabulous stay in a great city! Amazing value too.. We paid about 68 euros a night including the city tax.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank iwannavaca
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here with a friend. We spent most of our time in Bordeaux centre either meeting other friends or sightseeing. Very convenient for tram and nice walk across the bridge to get there. Owners very nice and helpful, although didn't speak English. Rooms a good size and all very clean and tidy. A lot quieter than staying in the centre of Bordeaux!!

• Stayed: May 2013