“Great wine tour of St. Emilion out of Bordeaux”

Bordovino Wine Tasting Day Tours
$58.64*
Small-Group Wine Tasting and Workshop in Bordeaux
Ranked #2 of 71 Food & Drink in Bordeaux
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Bordeaux Wine learn, share, enjoy and of course...treat yourself. Half-day/full day wine tours, small groups (8 people) includes transportation, visit of two chateaux, tasting sessions, French/English speaking friendly and knowledge guide, local food products, chateaux route drive...and a lot of little extras as to allow you to enjoy an unforgettable day out.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great wine tour of St. Emilion out of Bordeaux”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hats off to Stephane of Bordovino Tours on 16 May. He's extremely knowledgeable of wines and an amazing tour guide. Was able to attend to the special needs of one of us while engaging us all in great English conversation. He taught us about how this region produces wines, taught us how to blend them, and led us in tastings at two different chateaux. He then proceeded to lead us on a great history tour of the city of St. Emilio. He kept us totally engaged for 5-1/2 hours. A wonderful afternoon was had by all of us. I highly recommend him and I love the fact that the group size is limited to eight.

1 Thank Glenn O

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am just back from Bordeaux where my girlfriend and I went on two Bordovino tours in St.Emillion and Graves. We had initially just booked the St.Emillion tour for the saturday morning but were so impressed by the end of the day that we signed up for the monday morning Graves tour straight after!

Our guide for both was Cyprian who we found to be immensely passionate and knowledgable about wine, most importantly though he is a really nice guy who has strong views on what tourism means and shows great passion for meeting people and sharing knowledge and experiences. We visited 4 estates in total; Chateau De Pressac, Chateau Soutard, Chateau Haut-Bailley and Chateau Carbonnieux. The guides at each chateau were very helpful and the chateau selection meant that I left Bordeaux having seen 4 very different places and tasted 4 very different wines. Both my girlfriend and I learnt a lot and I personally feel very inspired to further pursue my interest in wine.

I fully intend to return to Bordeaux and will not hesitate to contact Bordovino to arrange my first visit to the Medoc, I'm also very excited to see how this young company develops and the services they come to offer in the future.

A brilliant experience

3 Thank mjsummers84
Fitzroy Falls, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Quintessentially Bordeaux”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Imagine: wandering through the limestone underground cellar of a chateaux in the winery in Bordeaux looking at 50 year old wines? For a wine experience it didn't get much better than that. We tasted 2006 vintage wines and wandered in the sunshine in St Emilion. A perfect way to spend an afternoon.

1 Thank Kate M
Carmarthen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Half Day Wine Tour in Medoc Region”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our tour which was well organised. The Guide was very knowledgeable with a great personality. The selected Chateaus were excellent and we learned a lot more about wine making.

1 Thank Rod H
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good tours by good folks”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I took three 1/2 day tours over 2 days, experienced 4 different Bordovino tour guides, who were all very friendly and knowledgeable. The vans were comfortable and the tours at each chateau (conducting by guides associated with each chateau) were very informative. Excellent way to get introduced to the region and its wines.

Visited April 2013