“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Logrono, Spain
“Great location”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location for sightseeing. Small, but cozy hotel. Friendly enough staff. Strange that the toilet is separate from rest of bathroom, but not a huge deal unless you plan on spending a lot of time in the room. Parking was not difficult; certainly not as difficult as it is made out to be in the reviews. Grand hommes garage is very close and hotel guests get a discount.

Stayed January 2014
3 Thank lpkspain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bordeaux
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The location is excellent as is the breakfast. The stairwell impressive but the lift was small and very slow to respond to calls. Our bedroom, on the fourth floor had a king and a single bed in it although we are a couple. It was too small for two beds and the gap between the bed , toilet and wardrobe minuscule.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a cute, boutique style hotel. As stated previously the rooms are very small. Free wi fi is advertised but the weekend we stayed it was not working. The breakfast was minimalist but adequate. Parking is in the public car park and a bit of a nightmare navigating there although with hotel discount reasonably priced. The hotel is in an excellent location with good restaurants nearby and on any day other than Sunday shopping is at your doorstep. The bed was adequate but definitely not one of the more comfortable types we had previously experienced on our travels. I would probably look elsewhere if returning to Bordeaux.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lifesshortliveitup
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a beautiful part of the old town Bordeaux. Rue de Temple is a beautiful cobbled street leading on to a main pedestrian thoroughfare. The room was so quiet (101), small but all you needed. Staff were friendly and helpful to a non French speaking traveller.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SquishyBeetle
Trondheim. Norway
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel has a really perfect location.Close to shopping areas, restaurants and most of the attractions. The interior is nice, and the staff is very friendly end helpful. Breakfast was very good.

But our room was very small - we could not have both our suitcases open at the same time. There was place for the bed - and not much more. I guess the rooms are quite different in size. So if possible: check the size of room before checking in!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank helgeandreas
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I chose this hotel for the location in the historic centre of Bordeaux and it couldn't have been better located.
When I checked in around 9.30 am, as my room was not yet ready, I was offered a seat in the sitting/dining area near the front desk where breakfast was currently in full swing. Despite this I was not offered a coffee, or even a glass of water. In fact I did not experience any show of hospitality or welcome upon my arrival at all.
Also, although I had taken out my laptop computer, no-one thought to offer me the log-in for the hotel WI-FI and instead I had to approach the desk to ask for it.
When my room was ready, no-one offered to show me to my room or to assist with my luggage. Eventually someone was asked to help, but was clearly unhappy with this role and as a result, was both sullen and unfriendly.
The good thing was that the room itself was renovated, overlooking the front street, had double doors opening onto a small balcony, and was clean and comfortable. There was a mini-bar, a kettle with tea and coffee available however, unfortunately no instructions on how to use the coffee maker.
The bed was comfortable with enough pillows; there were enough power points to charge my phone and laptop computer etc; the shower worked well and there were plenty of towels.
When I asked whether I could order something on room service, I was told that my only option was to order a pizza online. I asked if they would be able to call and order for me as I'd packed away my computer but I was told I would have to do it myself. When I did as instructed, the pizza restaurant staff responded with a curt, 'sorry, I don't speak English', and abruptly hung up.
Breakfast was outstanding. There was a range of fruit; fresh natural yogurt; croissants, rolls and toast with spreads; ham, prosciutto and a selection of cheeses; eggs scrambled or boiled; freshly squeezed orange juice, and coffee of your choice.
My wake up call was on time but despite having arranged it beforehand, no-one came to assist me with bringing my luggage down for check-out, and my taxi was given the wrong time. A sort of unfunny comedy of errors on the part of the reception staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 255100Traveler
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked through Eurostar and asked for this hotel as we read some good reviews and wanted a Hotel of quality. So we were not trying to scrimp and save. We were given a very small room at the front which had a double bed that did not seem big enough and there was only just enough room to squeeze around it and not enough room to put our two cases. Also there was no bath. Perhaps I had not specially requested it but had assumed that for the price I was paying I would get one. I asked if we might change to another room with a bath. The receptionist at first said that would be impossible but she did find a room eventually that had a bath and luckily it had twin beds and enough room to move. We were happy in that room but it had no outlook, no picture and was unmodernised. The lighting was awful but this may be the fault of the long life bulbs I do not know, but it was brigh white and made me scared to look in the mirror!
The staff were friendly and the breakfast nice but the good looking chairs in the breakfast room were uncomfortable. Really it was a nice hotel and it is not fair to complain but I got the impression there were probably some really nice rooms both larger than our first one and more modern than our second but having booked through Eurostar we were not going to see them.

Stayed February 2013