Lowest prices for your stay
$94
Hotels.com$94
travelup.com$96
Etrip$100
1,114 results
All reviews nice hotel minute walk free wifi stayed for nights city tram
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2016

I have stayed here on a number of occasions and enjoy the feel of the hotel. It is fairly conveniently located for both the city and for the businesses near le lac. Parking is indoors and although it will take around an hour, if you are happy to travel by bus from the airport, the cost is just €1.50.

The bar is pleasant and the breakfast is outstanding.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ScottyGPP
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2016

Dear Sir,
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks.
Looking forward to welcome you next time.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

I stayed at this hotel recently for a week of business off-property meetings. I appreciated the early check-in allowed on the Saturday I arrived with an early flight. The front desk staff were helpful and attentive. When one of my bags arrived late, they stored it safely and pulled it out for me as soon as they saw me. The location of the hotel is good, but not great. There’s not much nearby. Restaurants are at least a few blocks away and there’s not much of anything for stores nearby. However, the riverfront is an easy 15 minute stroll and there are lots of stores and restaurants there, not to mention the Cite du Vin museum. Downtown is a bit more of a walk … 20 minutes or more. Not bad, especially if you want to take a stroll, but not necessarily convenient if you want to get someplace quick.

The décor of the hotel is getting a bit tired. The oranges and greens feel pretty retro at this point. The hotel bar is kind of disappointing. It was pretty much deserted whenever I passed by. That includes any sign of a bartender. It just didn’t seem particularly inviting. The breakfast bar was pretty good with a decent selection of hot and cold foods, and quite a few coffee machines.

The rooms, like the rest of the lobby and hallways, were tired-looking and in need of a makeover. My room was a decent size, but otherwise there wasn’t much very remarkable about it. Management had just shut off the air conditioning the previous week, so the thermostat was useless. I had to open my window and woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a mosquito flying around. This happened three nights of my stay. The bathroom was a good size and had plenty of room to spread out. I couldn’t figure out what the benefit was of having the toilet is in a separate room … must be a European thing. If you’re particular about shampoos or soap, bring your own. In the shower is only one squeeze bottle of do-it-all cleaner. There was no sign of any face cloths.

There aren’t a lot of other amenities at this hotel … no pool, and the fitness facility looked sort of miserable with just a few cardio machines. Overall, it's not a bad hotel, but I'm sure you can do better in Bordeaux for location and experience.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jay A
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Bordeaux Château Chartrons. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.
We would like to point that to join the centre, you can indeed walk 20 minutes but you can also take the bus 4 which stop in front of the hotel and will bring you to town in less than 10 minutes depending of traffic. We appreciate all your comments and remarks.

Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

The staff are friendly and talk good english. Got a big room with a view over the roof tops. Unfortunately the room is dark and gloomy so you think you're back in the 70's. And the smell in the hallway - awful!!! Why this smell? I never got used to it.

Happy though that the breakfast were so good. France is not known for good breakfasts so I was happy to have a good start in the morning.

They have a gym with a treadmill, one Concept2 rower, one bike and one crosstrainer. Quite boring gym but I got some good intervals on the rower anyway.

Not very nice neighbourhood. Nothing to see unless you take a walk down to the river.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Sophie R, Directrice at Mercure Bordeaux Chateau Chartrons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Dear Madam,
I have read the comment you wrote in Tripadvisor after your last stay in our hotel.
We are sorry that you did not enjoyed it.

Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

There for a big Congress meeting at beginning of October. Meeting facilities were very good and staff very helpful. Breakfasts were of good standard as we're the lunch options provided for the meetings. Rooms are a slightly strange colour scheme but kept very clean and have most facilities you expect. Quite a walk into city centre or to nearest tram stop.

Dear Sir,
My team and I are very grateful for your remarks.
Looking forward to welcome you next time.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night and i might say that the hotel looks pretty from outside but inside is very old. The lobby smells really bad and I think its from the old carpet, the rooms are very dark and because of the red walls and the old carpet. The location is only 15 min walk to the city center. The breakfast is average. I've stayed at other Mercure hotels but this one did not meet my expectations. I give it a 3 star for the location, for the front desk employees and for the service. Other than that, this hotel needs some work!

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are sorry that you did not enjoyed it.