“Great way to taste some Bordeaux wine without going yo the vineyards.”

Aux Quatre Coins du Vin
Ranked #86 of 2,506 Restaurants in Bordeaux
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a wonderful little place! As explained in other reviews, you receive a card that you can top up and use it to taste or have full/ half glasses of a range of wines. Staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and self service was a very non-threatening way to choose a range of wines. Food was lovely too!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I found the reviews of this wine bar on tripadvisor and decided to visit. The staff were very welcoming and friendly - unfortunately my french is not very good, but the staff were happy to talk to me in english about the wines. You charge a card up, and then are able to taste loads of different wines in varying amounts by self-serving from a 'wine machine' - the staff are very knowledgeable and helped me to select the wines I wanted to taste. They were delicious! I aslo ate - I ordered a mixed assiette (containing cheese, meat and veg), it was really tasty. I was on my own when I visited the bar, and was made to feel very welcome. The customers and staff were so friendly and I felt very at ease. I left purchasing a bottle of wine (after recommendation) to take home to my husband. I would really recommend this place!

2  Thank rosie m
Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a great place, where you can order wine by the glass, half-glass or 'degustation', and where the very knowledgeable young manager will advise and talk you through the 32 wines available by the glass at any given time. We came here for a pre-dinner drink and mixed platter, and would gladly have spent the whole evening here, had it not been for a prior dinner reservation. Fabulous concept, super place.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The opportunity to try a selection of good wines and enjoy a plate of foie gras or meat selection is not often available. Select the value of wine you wish to drink then choose from a wide selection until your card expires.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stumbled across this loverly wine bistro while walking the streets of Bordeaux. Filled with locals, its a buzzing scene.

We were seated at the bar and given a 'credit' card to purchase our wines from the machines - very interesting and you get to taste different wines without much hassel.

The cheese and meat platter was huge and we didnt finish eating the whole lot.