“Great Food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were in the bistro where the food was exceptional, we had the lamb and oysters, and the wine recommended was great. Service was good, but there seemed to a lot of waiters standing around talking amongst themelves.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were in the bistro Gabriel, a bit more simple than the one-star restaurant of the same name.
We took a lunch-menu and we were surprised by the quality-price ratio. For 29 euros we got a very nice lunch: a poisson-carpaccio, (7 out of 10) main course: pork lacqué with betteraves, a very nice salt-sweet combination (8 out of 10) and a very nice cafe gourmand with a delicious creme brulee (9 out of 10).
The service was nice and efficient and the location 10 out of 10!!!
So all in all we were completely satisfied.
An adress to remember.

1  Thank Gert J. E
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I liked the waiters , the food and wine and my neighbours.
I disliked nothing
the graves blanc is fantastic

Reviewed November 12, 2012

well I've just tried the Bistrot Gabriel ( set within the same building,but no "Michelin stars ) and it was good, and not so expensive ( I ordered a Tartare ) and served with a glass of wine ( Bordeaux , of course,a glass of Pessac-leognan,one of the best one I've ever tasted !),all that for less than 30 € ( I was alone in fact,waiting for my clients who were shopping downtown ),so I'd say very good value !

1  Thank Driver-Guide-France
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Can't fault the food if you want expensive Michelin starred food BUT to be honest I prefer mine served with a little atmosphere too. We were the first in the restaurant at 8pm and in this very white and quiet space you felt the need to whisper!! Even when it filled up which it (more or less) did, the tables are so well spaced and in different small rooms it still felt a bit quiet for me.
The location is stunning, the building beautiful and there is a good bar on the ground floor for a coupe or a cocktail before or after dinner. However ...
I think next time I will head to the Bistro Gabriel on the first floor for some buzz on a smaller budget.

1  Thank theglossy1